• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom @ ComicCon: "You saved my job so I'm going to troll everyone" (SFIII Online)

TreIII said:
I believe he's already gone on to mention that SSF4 will be the last SF4 game. Furthermore, if they really are intending for Super 4 to have long legs, they would severely undercut that notion by announcing a new SF anything beyond DLC.

So, I'm sticking with either Darkstalkers, or something that could really stand to blow our minds, like a new Jojo's/Steel Ball Run fighting game (THAT would be the DAY! :lol).

SSF4T as a rebranded greatest hits is still just SSF4, like DMC3SE or LPC.

Don't even mention Jojo or I'll have a heart attack. To be honest, I want a Shonen Jump vs Street Fighter game. Luffy vs Dhalsim, Bison vs Dio Brando, Akuma vs Goku.

Kusagari

God's Beard said:
SSF4T as a rebranded greatest hits is still just SSF4, like DMC3SE or LPC.

Don't even mention Jojo or I'll have a heart attack. To be honest, I want a Shonen Jump vs Street Fighter game. Luffy vs Dhalsim, Bison vs Dio Brando, Akuma vs Goku.

There would be about zero chance of that ever coming to America though. It'd be far more of a legal mess than Tatsunoko.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
my buddy at Archie comics pitched a Mega Man comic to CAPCOM and they were super receptive

this may be related

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Kusagari said:
There would be about zero chance of that ever coming to America though. It'd be far more of a legal mess than Tatsunoko.

How? I know that Viz licensed Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Megaman Manga, Conan, and etc unless you meant gaming license of those properties.

Kusagari said:
Unless they announced it at Comic Con because they partnered with Viz as well as Shueisha :D

TreIII

robor said:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=255353

Debunking possible rumors: Darkstalkers DENIED.

It could be something else, but....exactly HOW in the world does CVG read "Power Stone" from all that? :lol

Furthermore, I don't think there's still enough that precludes Darkstalkers 100%. The most he's said about Darkstalkers is that it's his "life's work" and when directly confronted about the issue about a week and some change ago he just said "I'm speechless and yet...Ssssh". :lol

In other words, he hasn't flat out said "No" to Darkstalkers, like he has to Capcom vs. SNK 3. So I think this is still very much up in the air.

IntelliHeath said:
How? I know that Viz licensed Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Megaman Manga, Conan, and etc unless you meant gaming license of those properties.

Pretty sure the license for Naruto videogames alone is spread across multiple companies.

Davedough

They purchased the rights and are re-doing the Sega title. Comix Zone.

2n09btj.gif

Platy

TreIII

Platy said:
I might be too optmistic ... but i don't see as denied =x

Exactly. There's no explicit language on Ono's tweets that says "No" to Darkstalkers. Frankly, the only things that Ono has done more to flat out deny on his tweets are Capcom vs. SNK 3 (though he'd like to see it happen) and MK vs. SF (which has NO chance in hell of happening :lol).

Again, I don't see where CVG even got the notion of Power Stone from. At least Darkstalkers has always had a "persisting presence", even in spite of a lack of a new game, thanks to Capcom whoring out Morrigan, Felicia and/or Dimitri at any available opportunity. Even if you have never played an actual Darkstalkers fighting game, there's still a high probability that even the most casual of gamers at least know some of the characters. The same can't be said for Power Stone (sadly)...

Wallach

People... people want another Mega Man Legends game? What a terrible night for a curse.

I think it's something fighting game related, though.

Edit - Hmm... Namco vs Capcom makes a lot of sense after watching EVO this weekend...

TreIII

Well, if it is Namco vs. Capcom, fine. Just as long as it's not "Tekken v. SF", I'll be alright, even if it's not my "first choice". :lol

Still, I'm hoping there will be more diversifying beyond the rather tepid combo of Ryu, Chun-li and Morrigan this time around, on the Capcom side. They're already going to be in MvC3 as it is (or practically confirmed, in Chun's case). If we must have Ryu, let's use some other fighting game characters that can fit the bill just fine. Akira/Daigo from Rival Schools and Talbain from Darkstalkers have BOTH been long overdue to appear in a cross-over game of some sort, and they might even fit in better for a more "traditional" fighting game, as opposed to the "Marvel" style.

TreIII

Askia47 said:
The question is why do another Vs game before MvC3 is out. Seems like saturation to me.

That would be a good argument, were it not for the fact that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Capcom vs. SNK were marketed practically months apart from each other in the years 2000, and ended up being drastically different games.

Besides, there's two other things to consider:

1) The "Marvel" style of fighting game doesn't suit everybody's interests. Offering a different flavor through a possible "Namco vs. Capcom" covers that base.

2) MvC3, at this time, is NOT planned to have an arcade release. Namco vs. Capcom, at least via that tweet listed above, is practically sure to do so. Arcade goers are happy to have something for them, and the console owners stand to benefit doubly so (since that original "Tekken vs. SF" rumor hinted that such a game was due for 360/PS3 any way).

Askia47

TreIII said:
That would be a good argument, were it not for the fact that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Capcom vs. SNK were marketed practically months apart from each other in the years 2000, and ended up being drastically different games.

Besides, there's two other things to consider:

1) The "Marvel" style of fighting game doesn't suit everybody's interests. Offering a different flavor through a possible "Namco vs. Capcom" covers that base.

2) MvC3, at this time, is NOT planned to have an arcade release. Namco vs. Capcom, at least via that tweet listed above, is practically sure to do so. Arcade goers are happy to have something for them, and the console owners stand to benefit doubly so (since that original "Tekken vs. SF" rumor hinted that such a game was due for 360/PS3 any way).

That makes sense, I still hope its darkstalkers, but if Namco vs Capcom is set up like CvS2, that would be pretty sweet.

Skilletor

Wallach said:
What a terrible night for a curse.

This made me laugh out loud. I need to play CV2. :lol

I don't get the CVG article. How does "people are in for a treat" equate to a new Power Stone?

Hugbot

God's Beard said:
Darkstalkers: Street Fighter

No darkstalkers characters, but all the street fighters are vampires. Gameplay 100% the same to SSF4. 29.99 retail.
Would buy, as long as all the voices are done in terrible fake Dracula accents.

TreIII

IntelliHeath said:
DO NOT WANT!

I would settle down for Namco vs Capcom.

Few people think it might be SFA4 due to ryu's shorter hairs for some reason.

Well, it's likely going to be Namco vs. Capcom, but the original rumor may have only been a half truth. :lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
TreIII said:
Well, it's likely going to be Namco vs. Capcom, but the original rumor may have only been a half truth. :lol

:lol

I picked up Tekken 6, and I got 100% achievement on this game. After that, I dropped it out of my eyes since I prefer Tekken 3 over Tekken 6.

Also SSF4 Online is addicting compare to Tekken 6 online.

Askia47

If its CvS2 style, then I'll be happy , but that ryu looks pretty young. And there is a lot of ink, making it seem SSF4 related

FSLink

Banned
Could just be SSF4 for PC announced. Kinda meh, but I'd buy it.

Though I'm hoping for DLC Update or Namco vs Capcom/Tekken vs Street Fighter.

vg260

Anyone notice that Capcom just put up Charlie, R. Mika, and Rolento avatars on the PSN store?

Could be because they offer Alpha 3 as a PS1 download, but they recently put up Morrigan and Felicia after MvC3 was announced. Possible Arcade/DLC update hints? A column of 3 would fit nicely on the character select screen. Maybe something else Alpha-related?

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
2&2 said:
Anyone notice that Capcom just put up Charlie, R. Mika, and Rolento avatars on the PSN store?

Could be because they offer Alpha 3 as a PS1 download, but they recently put up Morrigan and Felicia after MvC3 was announced. Possible Arcade/DLC update hints? A column of 3 would fit nicely on the character select screen. Maybe something else Alpha-related?

SFA3 for PS1? I thought they uploaded the PSP ver, but that was a while back IIRC.

Top Bottom