• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom @ ComicCon: "You saved my job so I'm going to troll everyone" (SFIII Online)

vocab

robor said:
:O That was truly horrible. What a terrible broken game.

Everyone is broken, so it's all good, but Pet shop can't be hit low, so he is more broken than the rest of the cast :lol

It's a toss up between Hokuto no Ken or JoJo's for the best anime based fighting game ever. Both hard as shit to play, and both full of zany shit.

Complete kenshiro domination http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvD26Vbgov0

KAL2006

Banned
Ryu VS Jin
Demitri VS Devil Kazuya
Akuma VS Nightmare
Zangief VS Panda/Kuma
Q VS Jack
Morrigan VS Ivy
Gen VS Wang
Elena VS Christie
Balrog VS Steve
Ibuki VS Taki
Honda VS Ganryu
Sakura VS Xiayou
Rikuo VS Lizard Man
Megaman VS Pacman

Busaiku

KAL2006 said:
Ryu VS Jin
Demitri VS Devil Kazuya
Akuma VS Nightmare
Zangief VS Panda/Kuma
Q VS Jack
Morrigan VS Ivy
Gen VS Wang
Elena VS Christie
Balrog VS Steve
Ibuki VS Taki
Honda VS Ganryu
Sakura VS Xiayou
Rikuo VS Lizard Man
Megaman VS Pacman
I really hope it's not just Street Fighter vs Tekken.

Soulstar

If we really do get a Namco Vs Capcom game I hope it at least has the variety of characters reminiscent of Namco X Capcom. I would love playing as some of the old and obscure arcade characters like Bravo Man and Dig Dug. Klonoa is also required.

TreIII said:
We still need more than that, though. By the time Steel Ball Run ends (which likely will be by this time next year or so), I WANT A NEW FIGHTING GAME, DAMMIT.
We're never ever getting such a stellar package like that again; music, sprite art, game mechanics Jojos had it all. At most we'll get a fun game like the PS2 version.

Kimosabae

Banned
Assuming the rumors about Namco vs Capcom are true - does anyone else think Capcom may be falling into the same trap that caused the decline of the genre going into the new millennium. Do we REALLY need this game now? TWO of them? Capcom really seems to be stretching their franchises too thin. I'm sick of seeing Mega Man and Ryu now.

Namco really should be focusing on Soul Calibur vs Tekken. They need to revive the SC franchise.

Hmm. Cool if true, maybe.

I really wanted a new Darkstalkers though. Or a Cyberbots update. O well.

Namco should get to work on Soul Calibur 5 instead! Or give Tekken 6 it's promised patches...

Platy

If the rumors are true ... that means that there is ...

Megaman Universe
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Capcom vs Namco
Namco Vs Capcom
Super Street Fighter IV 3ds/arcade/pc

5 games (that we "know" of) with Ryu being made !!!!

Gomu Gomu

Platy said:

Megaman Universe
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Capcom vs Namco
Namco Vs Capcom

It's like the late 90s-early 00s all over again.

TreIII

Kimosabae said:
Assuming the rumors about Namco vs Capcom are true - does anyone else think Capcom may be falling into the same trap that caused the decline of the genre going into the new millennium. Do we REALLY need this game now? TWO of them?

Honestly, it's really only a problem if the fans make it that way. After all, people were still playing the likes of SFA3, Capcom vs. SNK 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 into the new millennium and beyond. And that's just on the Capcom end. If we count everybody else (Namco, Sega, ASW, SNK pre and post re-birth), the fighting game genre was still going on even well after Capcom did more to bow out for as long as they did.

If Capcom wants to keep playing, fine. Likewise, people will keep playing their games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Platy said:
With Games intead of Comics and Ryu instead of Wolverine

So essentially games become stale because of oversaturation and Ryu becomes bland due to overpublicity?

Platy said:

Megaman Universe
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Capcom vs Namco
Namco Vs Capcom

that's cool, can't get enough ryufighters, he has to be in every vs game. i enjoy fighting him 9/10 times.

Kimosabae

Banned
TreIII said:
Honestly, it's really only a problem if the fans make it that way. After all, people were still playing the likes of SFA3, Capcom vs. SNK 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 into the new millennium and beyond. And that's just on the Capcom end. If we count everybody else (Namco, Sega, ASW, SNK pre and post re-birth), the fighting game genre was still going on even well after Capcom did more to bow out for as long as they did.

If Capcom wants to keep playing, fine. Likewise, people will keep playing their games.

That's exactly the problem. Just like before, they'll be the only ones to care, because whether you want to believe it or not, fighting games are still relatively niche. SF4 has expanded the competitive base, sure, but not amongst the broader market. Each new game only creates further niches and schisms. Super's not even a 3 months old. Marvel is really right around the corner. There's TvC and now we're getting TWO more fighting games featuring Capcom characters?

And there's a rumored Darkstalkers game to be considered (which is likely going to happen)?

And as you mentioned; that's only the Capcom stuff.

Yeah.

Kimosabae said:
That's exactly the problem. Just like before, they'll be the only ones to care, because whether you want to believe it or not, fighting games are still relatively niche. SF4 has expanded the competitive base, sure, but not amongst the broader market. Each new game only creates further niches and schisms. Super's not even a 3 months old. Marvel is really right around the corner. There's TvC and now we're getting TWO more fighting games featuring Capcom characters?

And there's a rumored Darkstalkers game to be considered (which is likely going to happen)?

And as you mentioned; that's only the Capcom stuff.

Yeah.
strike while the iron's hot bro

RIP tony hawk franchise

Kimosabae

Banned
_dementia said:
strike while the iron's hot bro

RIP tony hawk franchise

If Capcom were smart, they'd release MvC 3 and go on a fighting game hiatus for about 18 months - maybe release some digital fanservice content in that time frame (read: Third Strike, Alpha Series etc).

But I think what happened is; Capcom is finding such little success outside the fighting genre right now, the pressure's building on that aspect of their publishing.

Platy

Phoenix Fang said:
Exactly.

Ryu IMO is one of the worst characters in Street Fighter.

Ken >>>> Ryu fact.

Ken was created as bland as Ryu ... maybe even more since it was a pallete swap of a bland character =P

Anth0ny

I think two games is awesome if true. Not only does it satisfy both communities, but it might get SF players interested in Tekken/Soul Calibur and vice versa.

Day one
for the Capcom version :p
if true.

Snakeyes

Anth0ny said:
Not only does it satisfy both communities, but it might get SF players interested in Tekken/Soul Calibur and vice versa.

Most SF players have at least tried the likes of Tekken, VF and SC. There's a reason why some never entered the competitive scene after giving the series a chance and I don't think that a VS game will change anything.

Alright guys, I know what it is- HASBRO VS CAPCOM.

Optimus Prime vs Ryu
Snake Eyes vs Leon Kennedy
Uncle Pennybags vs Mega Man

Game of the century.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
TreIII said:
We still need more than that, though. By the time Steel Ball Run ends (which likely will be by this time next year or so), I WANT A NEW FIGHTING GAME, DAMMIT.
Yes, I want a Jojo game with the characters from all 7 parts.

DIRTY-D

Hadoken.net posted this.

abelking.jpg

and I don't even think this is real to be honest. way too fake:lol :lol

LowParry

Kusagari said:
If this does happen, PLEASE don't make it just SF vs Tekken. Have Klonoa vs Mega Man and some other weird stuff.

I'm sure curious if any of the Bandai stuff will go in with the Namco name. I mean, they are Bamco after all.

TreIII

Kimosabae said:

What I was insinuating in my original quote is that, again, it's not really a problem until the fan base has nothing to play, and therefore, definitely sees a clear and present problem.

For example: if you were strictly a Capcom fighting game fan in the middle of the last decade, you were pretty SOL. You had nothing "new" to look forward to besides Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution. Capcom didn't even re-release some of the more interesting games from their backlog, which possibly could have benefited from such exposure (and lack of anything else). Perfectly good games like Vampire Savior could have been given the chance to shine that they didn't receive it the first time around. Yet, Capcom didn't do any thing of this sort (and still hasn't.... *glares*) .

Therefore, the Western/Capcom FG market did more to dry up because Capcom themselves didn't supply anything else worthwhile in that interim. If you wanted to stay in the "game", you either went back to the old stuff, or migrated to what else the other guys were selling, which usually meant importing was the main/only way. Is there really any wonder why FGs became so niche? Especially when 75% of that which was good in the last decade meant modding your PS2 and hitting up play-asia to get the latest release?

So to me, the best answer is to just play it smarter, and make sure people have something to play. Keep the scene healthy with an equally healthy variety of games to play. In other words, don't "drop the combo", Capcom. :lol

KAL2006

Banned
Capcom should be concentrating on 1 fighter per year. Super Street Fighter IV was for 2010, and Marvel VS Capcom 3 will be for 2011. The only other fighters that Capcom should release this fall or next year are Super Street Fighter IV for 3DS/PC/Arcade and maybe huge DLC for SSF4 for 360/PS3. Maybe even an old fighter re-released for XBLA/PSN such as Third Strike or Vampire Saviour 2. But 2 completely brand new fighters in the same year will just oversaturate the market, this is one of the reasons fighters were doing badly before because of too many fighters released by Capcom.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
KAL2006 said:
Capcom should be concentrating on 1 fighter per year. Super Street Fighter IV was for 2010, and Marvel VS Capcom 3 will be for 2011. The only other fighters that Capcom should release this fall or next year are Super Street Fighter IV for 3DS/PC/Arcade and maybe huge DLC for SSF4 for 360/PS3. Maybe even an old fighter re-released for XBLA/PSN such as Third Strike or Vampire Saviour 2. But 2 completely brand new fighters in the same year will just oversaturate the market, this is one of the reasons fighters were doing badly before because of too many fighters released by Capcom.

Capcom has released Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom UAS and SSF4 this year, plus the arcade version of Super is still coming. 2009 had SF4 (home), Sengoku Basara Battle Heroes, Fate/Unlimited Code PSP, and MvC2 re-released. 2008 had SF4 (arcade), Basara X, HD Remix, Fate/Unlimited Code, and Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom CGoH.

It's fine. The fighting fanatics will buy just about everything, fans of licensed series will buy those games, and others will pick and choose what they like. Not everyone who likes Street Fighter is into the Vs. games, for example.

DIRTY-D

The only T6 character I'm kind of excited about seeing in the SF4 engine is Lei Wulong.

Just seeing how his drunken Style boxing in the Capcom universe would translate seems like it could be pretty cool.

Radogol

ShockingAlberto said:
Unless this game is going to new levels of laziness, that must be fake.

2d versus games often were this lazy, just taking sprites from different titles even if they didn't fit, but it must be fake because of all the logos on the screen. Seriously, Capcom made a deal with Led Zeppelin? Doubtful.

TreIII

besiktas1 said:
Im putting 2+2 together and getting 3 but... SF3:TS avatars released on psn today, soo... SF3 :TS HD Remix?!!

...You'd be right in line with those who though that "Felicia and Morrigan PSN avatars = Darkstalkers 4/Vampire Savior HDR", and those who thought that "Alpha character PSN avatars = SFA4/SFA3HDR". :lol

besiktas1

TreIII said:
...You'd be right in line with those who though that "Felicia and Morrigan PSN avatars = Darkstalkers 4/Vampire Savior HDR", and those who thought that "Alpha character PSN avatars = SFA4/SFA3HDR". :lol
:'(

TreIII

Peff said:

Ew. I wouldn't want Square Enix any where NEAR one of my all-time fave Manga. Hell, for that matter, I don't want Namco either. Especially after that "Phantom Blood" based game. :lol

Top Bottom