• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu (9/13): Ys Vita, UMvC3 Vita, Cave Vita, LoA Vita/PSP, GE2 PSP, NG Vita, More

DR2K

Banned
duckroll said:
Chances? It's definitely Sigma. I'm just saying, Sigma sux! No need to debate about it, facts are facts!

I haven't seen the scans, too lazy. Playing as Rachel was fun as hell. Such a hilariously broken OT.

StuBurns

Banned
Smision said:
(in Japan) doesn't quite hold the weight it used to.
I don't think that's true, MH has been getting consistently larger.

And Sigma could easily be made significantly better if they removed the girl shit.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Ridley327 said:
I wasn't talking about gameplay, though I see where the confusion comes in.

It was in relation to how much I like the game, as in "I would like this game more if it had a more realistic styling to it versus looking like rejected Nomura sketches."
Haha, no kidding. The designs are ridiculous. I'm not going to hold my breath for this one though- they could still look outlandish and portray in a more "realistic" style.

StuBurns said:
I don't think that's true, MH has been getting consistently larger.

And Sigma could easily be made significantly better if they removed the girl shit.

Hayashi will just add QTEs to the Rachel segments :(

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm excited for several titles on that list but I gotta let out a LOL at God Eater's news. We thought it'd be Vita, then Vita/3DS, and now it'd neither. Maybe Namco has something different to say on their conference (but they usually never do!)

Meier

Hell's Army and Katamari are it for me from that list but I'd still be down. The world absolutely needs a new decent fishing game too.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ys Vita is cool.

The rest didn't impress me. Always good to have lots of games announced before the system's launch, though.

DR2K

Banned
StuBurns said:

I'm hoping for the opposite, full fledged Rachel mode. Give the babies their "NGB" and seperate the best part of the game for the hardcore.

emb

Slime said:
It's more like an edition of a game for which there has never been a proper Falcom version. Read up on the development history of Ys IV sometime. This will effectively be an entirely new title.

Cool. Tentatively on board then, I suppose.

Ys versions are so confusing. ?_? I'm one of those that likes to have a series in cleanly original releases, hopefully across one line of platforms or something. Ys seems all over the place. Maybe I just haven't looked into it enough yet.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yay Katamari. Yay Cave.

What's the official title of this Katamari Vita?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm amazed at how much support an unproven platform can have. I know the PSP sold well in Japan, but there is no guarantee Vita will perform as well, especially now that the 3DS is getting Monster Hunter. I guess cheap development units really helps?

Teknoman

Ys?

Ys?

YS?!

Damn it, purchase confirmed.

Ridley327 said:
It's a vastly dumbed down Monster Hunter, but a good kind kind of dumbed down. It's flashy, more acrobatic and animu as fuck.

Not to mention amazing music by Go Shiina.

Famitsu has first details on not one, but two Square Enix PlayStation Vita games this week. Here's what we've heard so far on Armies of Hell and Lord of Apocalypse.

Armies is set in hell, where you face off against demons. You take control of an army of 100 goblins, and must defeat roaming demons as you advance. The game will support four player simultaneous play.

Square Enix is teaming up with developer Enterphere for the game's development (official site here). The game will have a song from United.

Armies of Hell will launch with the PlayStation Vita (the magazine does not say when that is).

Lord of Apocalypse is an action RPG supporting one to four players. The game has character designs from Tsubasa Masao and will have a major voice cast that includes Shizuka Itou and Tomokazu Sugita (him again!). You'll be able to create a character using a character making feature.

The name "Lord of Apocalypse" may conjure up images of Square Enix's Lord of Vermilion arcade title. The game is said to have the same "world view" as that title. Without seeing the magazine, I'm not sure if this means it's set in the same world or it just has a similar style

Lord of Apocalypse is also due in 2011, but it's for both PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.

Source: Andriasang

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
A Human Becoming said:
I'm amazed at how much support an unproven platform can have. I know the PSP sold well in Japan, but there is no guarantee Vita will perform as well, especially now that the 3DS is getting Monster Hunter. I guess cheap development units really helps?
Games can be easily ported to Vita - so there isn't much risk involved for 3rd party's to get some launch titles out, when it comes to new original software after theaunch period it will be more telling.

It's still a mayor Sony platform, so 3rd Party support should be expected.

@blazingdarkness

Better than Puzzle Bobble 3D as a full price title.

Lots of initial support for PSV from mid-tier Japanese developers.

Frankly, expected as the PSP has done wonders for them lately.

The question is when are these games coming out?

A Human Becoming said:

Most of the games are ports that should be close to free money.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Father_Brain said:
So what was the "that game" Famitsu was referring to last week? Mostly a mix of niche games and ports, with Armies of Hell being a possible standout.
I was so sure it was going to be 3rd HD announced ahead of the conference. None of the listed games fit their description, to be honest.

LOCK

Very excited for Vita. Interested in Squares games, just to see what they are like. Other than that I'm not surprised really.

Erethian

A Human Becoming said:

A lot of the announcements are from pubs/devs who did well on PSP in recent years, and don't do much business outside of Japan. So it's not at all surprising to see, say, a Falcom game on Vita.

Jinfash said:
I was so sure it was going to be 3rd HD announced ahead of the conference. None of the listed games fit their description, to be honest.

obviously Ys, it's been teased since e3, and it's quite popular franchise in japan isn't it?

Top Bottom