• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Adam to Stoke probably means Huddlestone won't be going there. Apparently they thought his ankle looked pretty dodgy during his medical.

Messi

Good show Barca-GAF. Classy in defeat just like your players who stood there like
champs waiting for madrid to lift the cup, much respect to you all. <3

(keit4 not included)

edit- Valdez was a monster today, last match's mistake should be rendered irrelevant

But it won't be because Valdes is a shit keeper. Who's mistake cost us this trophy.*

*not my opinion btw

Andreson777 reminds me of Anderson cos of his name and because I imagine Anderson says totally nonsensical things just like that. Basically any word's he's ever heard..."awww man, Valdes shit, hate him...Al QAEDA!"

---

Meanwhile, Rafael has just posted this picture with the caption "I miss you my brother"

89ade518f20911e18ac522000a1c03e3_7.jpg

Arnie

Adam best accept the move. £5m is a great deal for us
I really hope so, would mean the Dempsey deal will probably go ahead.
Adam to Stoke probably means Huddlestone won't be going there. Apparently they thought his ankle looked pretty dodgy during his medical.
That must be so awkward. When players come in for medicals they're set on playing for the club, and everything feels like a formality. To actually have the doctor tell the player to go back to their club must be really odd. You'd probably have the club's in house media buzzing around for interviews and photographs and such too.

K1LLER7

Barca seemed to struggle with the diagonal balls over the top, Similar to United's defence IMO. Madrid started off really well and then Pepe and Ramos were brilliant in defence.

Barca were great though, mascherano was brilliant in the second half, with some of his long passes. The one to Pedro (?) was great and would've been a great goal if Pedro found the finish.

Garjon

Let's be honest though, Charlie Adam would be fucking lethal at Stoke.

It's a great deal for everyone; Liverpool get him off the books, Stoke get their ideal midfield passer, Adam gets guaranteed first team football, Stoke games might actually have some level of quality to watch.

keit4

Banned
Ok, some people here are making me look like a JT, i don't like that lol I can't stand RM, but i can recognize when they play well and deserve a trophy (even if this trophy is called Supercopa :p), so congrats to the team and the fans here :)

(don't get used to this lol)

Wilbur

Banned
Well that was fun reading through that.

Respect to the nice Madrid and Barca fans.

I still love the bitters on both sides because it's fucking hilarious.

Valdes and Al Quaida hahahahaha if I didn't already have an erection for unrelated reasons I would have got one

G-Unit

I don't think Valdez redeemed himself. This game is the level I expect from him or any other goal keeper that defends a top tier team. I'm sorry but that goal shouldn't have happened.

As for macherano, what's the point on been good on the hard tackles and fail in the easy one. I can forgive him for this, but was also so stupid goal.

Now Ronaldo goal was godly, yet it was painful to nwatch how had valdez not touched it, pique was there.

Pique's form is not the greatest, kinda slow

Xavi's level is worrying me, I guess prime time was 2 years ago now on a decline

Messi and Pedro were alright

There is a disconnection with Alexis, but I feel it has to do with the midfield

Busquets was bad today

Iniesta tried but got burned down really quick, merit to madrid IMO

Kinda liked alba offense but on defense it started really poor.

And Adriano, man that guy does not belong in this team. I'm sorry be he doesn't bring anything.

Arnie

I think he would be completely exposed playing in a true 2 man midfield. Good for their set pieces though.

Many might disagree, but Adam's a very, very competent midfielder. I think he'd be fine with a solid holding midfielder alongside him, letting him off the leash so to speak.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Costa Rica's call-up for the double date versus Mexico:

Porteros: Keylor Navas, Patrick Pemberton.

Defensas: José Salvatierra, Heiner Mora o Nestor Monge, Jencarlo González, Johnny Acosta, Pedro Leal, Roy Miller, Gabriel Badilla.

Mediocampistas: Michael Umaña, Bryan Oviedo, Michael Barrantes, José Miguel Cubero, Yeltsin Tejeda, Keylor Soto, Oscar Rojas, Celso Borges, Cristian Bolaños, Rodney Wallace.

Delanteros: Randall Brenes, Daniel Colindres, Bryan Ruiz, Álvaro Saborío, Joel Campbell.

It should be manageable as long as those FUCKERS don't come up thinking they are gonna win with the shirt alone. :/

Messi

I don't think Valdez redeemed himself. This game is the level I expect from him or any other goal keeper that defends a top tier team. I'm sorry but that goal shouldn't have happened.

As for macherano, what's the point on been good on the hard tackles and fail in the easy one. I can forgive him for this, but was also so stupid goal.

Now Ronaldo goal was godly, yet it was painful to nwatch how had valdez not touched it, pique was there.

Pique's form is not the greatest, kinda slow

Xavi's level is worrying me, I guess prime time was 2 years ago now on a decline

There is a disconnection with Alexis, but I feel it has to do with the midfield

Busquets was bad today

Iniesta tried but got burned down really quick, merit to madrid IMO

Kinda liked alba offense but on defense it started really poor.

And Adriano, man that guy does not belong in this team. I'm sorry be he doesn't bring anything.

Bu...bu....he can run fast.

elsk

Banned

I was expecting a Gerrard kind of GIF with that amazing cup.

Costa Rica's call-up for the double date versus Mexico:

Porteros: Keylor Navas, Patrick Pemberton.

Defensas: José Salvatierra, Heiner Mora o Nestor Monge, Jencarlo González, Johnny Acosta, Pedro Leal, Roy Miller, Gabriel Badilla.

Mediocampistas: Michael Umaña, Bryan Oviedo, Michael Barrantes, José Miguel Cubero, Yeltsin Tejeda, Keylor Soto, Oscar Rojas, Celso Borges, Cristian Bolaños, Rodney Wallace.

Delanteros: Randall Brenes, Daniel Colindres, Bryan Ruiz, Álvaro Saborío, Joel Campbell.

It should be manageable as long as those FUCKERS don't come up thinking they are gonna win with the shirt alone. :/

Joel Campbell is very awesome. I watched the clásico of Costa Rica a few days ago, great match really!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Congrats to madrid-gaf. we had no business winning this trophy. the display at first half was frankly shocking.

sixghost

Many might disagree, but Adam's a very, very competent midfielder. I think he'd be fine with a solid holding midfielder alongside him, letting him off the leash so to speak.

I just think in general, players like him are more suited to a 3 man midfield, preferably at the base of a triangle or diamond. That's where he played at Blackpool, and it allowed him to not have too much responsibility in defense and let him get the ball whenever he wanted in attack. They usually paired him with Vaughn, who was more defensive minded and another more attacking CM which just let him spray passes all over the field.

FootballFan

You are being too harsh on Adriano I think, he is a fantastic squad member, its not his fault Alves got injured and he was a surprise inclusion in the wrong position. + We learned in his first season that he is weak at RB and is a very good player at Left Back.

And I thought Pedro and Messi were much better than alright. Xavi and Busquets let me down though. Iniesta was average. Might not be a popular thought but I didn't think Ronaldos goal was that great, his backheel touch flick thing was fantastic, but his control when the ball came back down and the actual shot were both average. (just looked at it again, he had to reposition himself because his touch was off).

Credit to him though, 5 goals in a row in El Clasicos. Messi also reached a milestone of 15 goals in Clasicos. That's 15 goals and 10 assists from Messi vs Casillas.

elsk

Banned
The 40M clause wasn't deposited by Javi Martínez, but by Dr. Michael Gerlinger (Bayern's lawyer).

Avoiding taxes like a boss.

This is true. To damn with it if I don't get to sling a bad unicef joke out there when the opportunity arises.

I'm just glad I'm always at the pub when we play Sunderland, I'd almost certainly have been banned if I was on here. I say some truly disgusting things about Sunderland and it's people.

All of it true

Kyoufu

I'm just glad I'm always at the pub when we play Sunderland, I'd almost certainly have been banned if I was on here. I say some truly disgusting things about Sunderland and it's people.

All of it true

Sunderland? I thought you said greatest rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom