• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

to answer fry8:

kuyt is bossing it at fener. 6 goals in 6 games. man does not stop running. amazing workrate and professionalism.

Clegg

United played some very good football in the first half. Anderson and Cleverley kept things ticking over in midfield and our attack clicked perfectly. We had problems with Dembele but they were dealt with imo.

But the second half was terrible. Clev looked lively but Anderson completely disappeared. He actually had a good first half too. I think that he has the capability to be a good player but something is missing. IMO its his lack of fitness.

I think Dembele is the player that SAF wants Anderson to be. A good dribbler with a burst of speed and power that enables him to charge down the middle of the pitch. Anderson can actually do this but his complete lack of fitness hinders him. He turns to shit after 60 minutes.

Fry

Actually, I was talking about moving to Real Madrid. Moving to Liverpool is ok, but obviously he's going backwards in his career...

No questions there. But one year of regular football will set him up again, both in form and confidence. Then he'll probably go back to Real Madrid when they finally realise the player he is.

Fëanor

vanpersiegoal0mk2r.gif

GOOOOOOOL!!!!

Salvadora

Just read on the BBC that if Liverpool lose tomorrow it'll be the first time since 1959 they've finished the first two matches without a point. Conversely City have not beaten Liverpool at home in a league match since 2003.

United played some very good football in the first half. Anderson and Cleverley kept things ticking over in midfield and our attack clicked perfectly. We had problems with Dembele but they were dealt with imo.

But the second half was terrible. Clev looked lively but Anderson completely disappeared. He actually had a good first half too. I think that he has the capability to be a good player but something is missing. IMO its his lack of fitness.

I think Dembele is the player that SAF wants Anderson to be. A good dribbler with a burst of speed and power that enables him to charge down the middle of the pitch. Anderson can actually do this but his complete lack of fitness hinders him. He turns to shit after 60 minutes.
I don't want to judge too soon, especially before we have a proper defence back...but it just feels like last season to me. We are never in control of matches for long stretches, team will always have a chance of getting back into the game against us.

Labadal

to answer fry8:

kuyt is bossing it at fener. 6 goals in 6 games. man does not stop running. amazing workrate and professionalism.

That's why we loved him at Liverpool. His last season was not so good, wich was unfortunate.

Weren't you angry with the Kuyt transfer when it was announced?

Had to go out as soon as the man utd match finished to help my friend with some DIY she needed doing.

Thought shinji was awesome, and cleverdick had a good game. Tony V was a constant threat down the right too. Defence is still extremely shaky, we really need a cb to get fit. Also carrack can sure up the midfield more so that fat boy can sit on the bench and eat some more pies.

Also please frogsun sign Dembele he was in beast mode today.

Slizz

New thread whoop

iRLrP6jsQ5rmx.gif

I don't want to judge too soon, especially before we have a proper defence back...but it just feels like last season to me. We are never in control of matches for long stretches, team will always have a chance of getting back into the game against us.

I really want to see Ferdy and Vidic back together or even Evans who was particularly good last season, plus maybe Smalling can stay healthy when hes back in Oct. If our D heals up somewhat rapidly and starts to play then we can judge.

EDIT: Rooney out 4 weeks? Eugh, don't like that too much, gonna have stitches on his thigh and probably won't get much action until they are out.

Labadal

You should try it. Put the rice on the pizza

Tell me you're joking. As a pizza lover and someone who has worked at a pizzeria, this breaks my heart. Rice and pizza... *cries* It's also not very healthy, and cold rice is disgusting. (Cold pizza can be good sometimes.) Repent, or you shall no longer be allowed to post pictures of fine looking ladies.

Facism

That's why we loved him at Liverpool. His last season was not so good, wich was unfortunate.

Weren't you angry with the Kuyt transfer when it was announced?

ANGRY WITH JOY.

I don't remember.

Krasic started his first game and was also industrious. You can, however, see that the team is still trying to figure each other out and it's leading to missed passes or opportunities.

Mumei

I just finished reading Luca Caioli's Messi. It was a pretty interesting story, though it was amusing the way everyone seemed to use the same phrases and sort of language to describe his abilities. I was *slightly* disappointed it was not more recent (2011/11-ish), since three years is a long, long time for a player so young and a lot has happened since then. But it was good for what it covered.

I also have Inverting the Triangle but I'll probably start (but not finish) that tomorrow.

FuturusX

Super early days but..my top 3 is falling into place....City / UTD / Chelsea. Di Matteo is a baffoon but Hazzard is just off the charts. What a signing.

Messi

Tell me you're joking. As a pizza lover and someone who has worked at a pizzeria, this breaks my heart. Rice and pizza... *cries* It's also not very healthy, and cold rice is disgusting. (Cold pizza can be good sometimes.) Repent, or you shall no longer be allowed to post pictures of fine looking ladies.

I will never repent and as the ambassador of Olivia Wilde gifs I will never stop. I don't do it often (to be fair how often do you have pizza and rice) but when you do combo that shit.

I just finished reading Luca Caioli's Messi. It was a pretty interesting story, though it was amusing the way everyone seemed to use the same phrases and sort of language to describe his abilities. I was *slightly* disappointed it was not more recent (2011/11-ish), since three years is a long, long time for a player so young and a lot has happened since then. But it was good for what it covered.

I also have Inverting the Triangle but I'll probably start (but not finish) that tomorrow.

Try and get Barca 'Building the worlds best team' by Graham Hunter. Fascinating book about the last 4 years of Barca (The Guardiola years) and a bit before. Covers Messi until recently as well as Iniesta/Xavi and Piqué/Puyols special relationship :p

Hey Mumei can you hook me up with an Olivia-GAF tag? :p. any amount of time here and you will see I have earned it.

Cold Pizza GAF represent

Arnie

Tiote's an absolute beast, but there's no way Newcastle are selling him for that price this late into the transfer window, especially after Anita's Spearing-esque performance today.

Salvadora

Tiote's an absolute beast, but there's no way Newcastle are selling him for that price this late into the transfer window, especially after Anita's Spearing-esque performance today.

Yeah I don't think there is any chance we get him for 15 million to be honest.

The ultimate insult to a footballer, being compared to spearing

Dibbz

Watching Chelsea Newcastle highlights and holy fuck Chelsea are looking very very good. They are passing the ball around so fast and their attackers all have great first touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom