• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good man. Yeah, playing poorly but still picking up the points is often a good sign, to be honest. You still have the quality in key areas.

We are exceptional going forward, look like we'll score in every attack right now. We're attacking with pace, power and a relentless desire and never say die attitude. We'll put goals past any side in this league on our day. Problem is we've conceded 2 goals in every one of our 4 games so far (league and cup) so that needs resolving. We're not going to score 3 every week.

Can't argue with 7 in 3 though.

Midweek we didn't hve a chance until seventy
Odd minutes when we scored and today we scored our first chance on half an hour so the quality is there but the gameplan is all wrong

Garjon

Of course. I would be surprised if he didn't know how much he would have to spend well before the summer.

You are also paying more of his wages & a more attractive loan fee to Real Madrid.
He must have had some idea when he saw the FFP rules coming in. He pretty much sold out, surely.

And I'm pretty sure he came because Arsenal wouldn't accept a high buyout clause at the end of the term.

Salvadora

He must have had some idea when he saw the FFP rules coming in. He pretty much sold out, surely.

And I'm pretty sure he came because Arsenal wouldn't accept a high buyout clause at the end of the term.

Of course, That's why I was questioning why he would resign considering he signed a contract knowing this.

Salvadora

And evidently Arsene is a shit negotiator.

How is that evident? The story apparently is that we waited until we knew what was happening with Song to make a move.

Lucky it may have been, but that was some half-volley. Practically unstoppable. Anyway, he was pretty much quiet the rest of the game.

Not really worried though, since it has to be fitness and our midfield still choosing to pass out onto the wings bypassing RVP and Kagawa.
I winced when I heard 'massive club'

Haven't really seen Sahin play, but from YouTube vids
lol
he looks a talent. Just hope Wenger has someone in mind for the DM role...

Arnie

Haven't really seen Sahin play, but from YouTube vids
lol
he looks a talent. Just hope Wenger has someone in mind for the DM role...

Tiote apparently, which is a laughable suggestion at this stage. Really don't know why he hasn't pulled the trigger on M'Vila.

Just watching the Torres goal again and really enjoying the play up to it. Hope to see plenty more of that.

ibraPwef15GYrG.gif

Arnie

I'm pretty sure M'Vila is a massive JT. Maybe that's why.

I'd imagine that's the main sticking point, and I'm sure Wenger's got contacts embedded within the National Team who've informed him of his character. I appreciate that level of consideration though, team spirit is hugely important, although I think there's still an argument to be made for buying quality players regardless, City won the league with Balotelli, Tevez, and Nasri.

Skybet have a 4/1 bet tomorrow on Arsenal and City to win, and I've just lobbed £3 on. Either way I'm guaranteeing myself some satisfaction tomorrow: either Arsenal drop points, or Liverpool get something at Anfield, or I could potentially soften the blow of defeat with a nice little £15 return.

Sloosha

Just watching the Torres goal again and really enjoying the play up to it. Hope to see plenty more of that.

Was a fantastic goal.

Also glad to see Lukaku do well today. I was a little harsh of his play during preseason, but he is still young and it looks like this loan spell will do him a world of good.

Clegg

TBH I don't think Cech or Cesar are as good as the other three in that picture.

De Gea could be one of the worlds best eventually. He's already a brilliant shot stopper. He needs learn how to deal with crosses.

The Mirror think Spurs are after Dembele. That would be such a waste for him.

Salvadora

:lol

De gea isn't up there with the best yet but I think when he's more experienced he will be. As long as he can learn how to catch and not wildly flap at every ball that goes into the box

He has great shot stopping skills but I wouldn't crown him just yet.

Arnie

Spurs are leaving it awfully late to sell Modric & find a replacement.

Going to be an interesting week, for sure. I think they've left it too late, and I've made my feelings known all summer about how crucial I see a Modric replacement to be.

Properly excited for tomorrow now, just wish I could've got a ticket. First game at Anfield plus Nuri's watching in the stands, should be a brilliant atmosphere.

Salvadora

Going to be an interesting week, for sure. I think they've left it too late, and I've made my feelings known all summer about how crucial I see a Modric replacement to be.

Properly excited for tomorrow now, just wish I could've got a ticket. First game at Anfield plus Nuri's watching in the stands, should be a brilliant atmosphere.

I think I've said in the past I reckon it'll be another Cesc situation. I reckon you could get something if City are anything like what they were at Southampton.

Yeah he is. I just wanted to make a dumb joke about Julio Cesar being fat. De Gea should seriously get on his diet, way too easy to push around.
steal more doughnuts?

Clegg

Modric still hasn't signed for Madrid though.

It will be hilarious if he is still with Spurs after the window closes.

Everyone knows he wants to leave. That would leave him in a slightly awkward position.

K1LLER7

Waiting for DC2012 to post a pic Joe Hart

De Gea needs to work on his catching/punching from corners. Once that happens over the next 2-3 years, he'll be up there with the best.

Clegg

It saddens me that Berba isn't even a part of the matchday squad anymore.

For his own sake I hope he moves away from United. SAF has made it clear that he isn't needed anymore and Berba is too good to waste away on the sidelines.

De Gea needs to learn how to deal with crosses. It's his only weakness. He needs to learn how to just boss whoever is in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom