• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually the text is way different and obscure and just less hints. Just quickly look over the very first SH3 puzzle here (no real spoilers and doesn't relate to anything SH2).

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Shakespeare_Anthology

I took that on hard the first time and it took me forever to figure out. But never have I been more satisfied with getting through a damn puzzle.

Ah that sounds cool actually! Better than the Resident Evil way imo, half of those puzzles are like combining items to fit into different places :/

elsk

Banned
Canada still gives the nationality if you're born there right? I'm totally having my kids in Canadá.

LegoArmo

ESPN's advert for Sunderland vs. Liverpool paints Sunderland as some kind of Stoke, and Liverpool as some kind of Barcelona. Fucking hilarious.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
The UEFA qualifiers are a joke.

its fucking bullshit what we have to go through.

Merge...CONCALAFF...

how was the messi goal I taped it but havnt seen it.

I have strong desire to call jorge ramos monday, lie to the screener and say I want to talk about el Tri, and then yell MALPARIDO GONORREA!!! I wonder how long the live delay is...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the conmebol qualifiers are the good ones. pity brazil is not participating in this one for obvious reasons. not only are the matches much more disputed, but you get ridiculous conditions like insane heat in Venezuela/Colombia matches or the ridiculous altitude in Ecuador or Bolivia. Roberto Carlos once said that the qualifiers were the hardest set of matches he ever played in his career.

in UEFA you get Faroe Islands, Moldavia, Estonia etc.. these are hardly good teams. The chances a big team like Germany/Italy/Spain doesn't qualify are very very low.

clemenx

Banned
It's not much about the results. We have no game, other than Arango's free kicks. Our defense got lucky on the first couple of games and we managed to get a good amount of points. Should have improved upon that, it wasn't going to last.

Euro 2004 Greece is an offensive juggernaut compared to this Venezuela.

the conmebol qualifiers are the good ones. pity brazil is not participating in this one for obvious reasons. not only are the matches much more disputed, but you get ridiculous conditions like insane heat in Venezuela/Colombia matches or the ridiculous altitude in Ecuador or Bolivia. Roberto Carlos once said that the qualifiers were the hardest set of matches he ever played in his career.

in UEFA you get Faroe Islands, Moldavia, Estonia etc.. these are hardly good teams. The chances a big team like Germany/Italy/Spain doesn't qualify are very very low.

Actually I think it's more likely that a good team won't qualify from UEFA because there is less room for error. You could win all your games but one and then end up in a playoff where anything can happen. Just off the top of my head, France/Spain and Portugal/Russia will end up in a playoff.

elsk

Banned
If I remember correctly their new coach used to coach Honduras, right?

Yes. He's from México, he was good with Honduras but was never intended to be the permanent coach, was like a temporary solution for a tournament we had. We won the tournament with him, tho, for the first time in many years.

But El Salvador had a nice project with the coach they had from Uruguay. They were playing good football and he had a process already, changing coach at this point was obviously a terrible thing for them.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Actually I think it's more likely that a good team won't qualify from UEFA because there is less room for error. You could win all your games but one and then end up in a playoff where anything can happen. Just off the top of my head, France/Spain and Portugal/Russia will end up in a playoff.

lets be real. Russia chokes against teams they should beat and then they fail to qualify so youre salty.

elsk

Banned
Shitty caribbean countries are holding the CONCACAF back. Jamaica is the only good one. They should make their own confederation, SHITCAF or something like that.

Perro

CONMEBOL WCQ is best WCQ because all the teams (besides ARG and Brazil) are at the same leve (most of the times).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
CONMEBOL and CONCACAF should merge.

Argentina barely made it to the last WC and Uruguay had to play playoffs to qualify and end up in 4th place during the WC.

UEFA top teams would have problems in CONMEBOL qualifiers. These matches are not easy at all, shit teams like Bolivia when they play at home are completely different.

lets be real. Russia chokes against teams they should beat and then they fail to qualify so youre salty.

It's not just Russia, although I'm not gonna lie I am still a bit bitter about the last world cup qualification.

France could have missed the last World Cup if they didn't cheat against Ireland.

England missed Euro 2008. Netherlands didn't qualify for World Cup 2002, and I'm sure there are other examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom