• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

Skip AI. Go for Munich.

AI is awesome man!!

War Horse is awful. Spielbeg's lost it and Lincoln will be in the Invictus and Edgar vein of historical biopics that aren't actually biopics, and are horribly horribly executed.

Aw man :[ I'll still give it a go :p But Lincoln has Daniel Day Lewis :0 May be good! Personally I felt Steven did so well with Tin Tin <3

J. Edgar was so boring :[

Kyoufu

tbh, a team hoping to challenge for fourth should not be losing pathetically to West Brom and Arsenal, and gifting goals to teams when they don't look like scoring. No matter which way you cut it, we've turned a difficult situation into a dismal one

Eh, you can hope for top 4 but that doesn't mean it's a realistic outcome in your first season under a manager who has never achieved top 4 anyway.

Plus you could use a striker or two.

Fady K

Cabin in the Woods was insane hahah! Awesome last half hour.

And agreed on Spielberg. DDL looks good but Lincoln looks bad.

Didn't you like Tin Tin :0 (To be fair Tin Tin can hardly be special for those who don't love the character).

Munich is a great film!

I did enjoy it. Also as a guy with Palestinian ancestors I appreciated that the film was kind of balanced.

Wilbur

Banned
Didn't you like Tin Tin :0 (To be fair Tin Tin can hardly be special for those who don't love the character).

Haven't seen it but I don't really have a desire to. Haven't seen Munich but I do want to see that. Spielberg's so hit and miss for me, I think the last film he made I liked was Minority Report.

if0mqxIpA4hD8.gif

I fucking love AI.

Yen

Minority Report was the last Spielberg movie I liked. But I was always going to like that because I love dick.

edit: haven't seen TinTin due to the 3D.

Fady K

Haven't seen it but I don't really have a desire to. Haven't seen Munich but I do want to see that. Spielberg's so hit and miss for me, I think the last film he made I liked was Minority Report.

If you don't like the Tin Tin character much then the film will most likely be OK for you at best I'd wager. Munich is quite good. Minority Report was something else though, Spielberg at his BEST back then.

if0mqxIpA4hD8.gif

I fucking love AI.

Agreed. AI is such a beautiful tragic tale. Too bad the actor didn't take off since then.

elsk

Banned
Völler on Yesil: "We let him leave, because we got a lot of money. We follow him and will get him back, when he has further developed."

What? Völler is an idiot.

Eh, you can hope for top 4 but that doesn't mean it's a realistic outcome in your first season under a manager who has never achieved top 4 anyway.

Plus you could use a striker or two.

Its the manner of the points we've lost that's so disappointing. I'm not expecting miracles, but competence is a necessity.

Kind of hoping we throw Yesil in at the deep end. Seems pretty good.

And SUSOSUSOSUSOSUSOSUSOSUSOSUSOSUSO

jtb

Banned
WotW was great.

Great looking film, but was taken down a notch or two by Spielberg's trademark sentiment (dat ending). I think Solo or someone said it best in the Lincoln thread; nothing Spielberg does feels particularly genuine anymore, at least not since Jurassic Park/Schindler's List. That's a bit harsh, but I can agree with that general idea... Spielberg was such a great director back in the day because he was able to take that sentiment and really capture vivid human emotion and marry the two together. Now he's just going through the motions.

Hmm.

I can switch over to iPhone 5 at a ~£100 profit.

Contract would be the same. Tempted. I'll be locked in to the 5 for 24 months though..

Yen

Völler on Yesil: "We let him leave, because we got a lot of money. We follow him and will get him back, when he has further developed."

What? Völler is an idiot.

I can't see why Yesil would want to go back, unless he gets no games in the next few years, which I doubt. Seems like a silly deal.
Give it a shot, it's awesome.

I detest everything 3D, because my eyes are uber-crap.
I bought a 3DS for £220.

Fry

Great looking film, but was taken down a notch or two by Spielberg's trademark sentiment (dat ending). I think Solo or someone said it best in the Lincoln thread; nothing Spielberg does feels particularly genuine anymore, at least not since Jurassic Park/Schindler's List. That's a bit harsh, but I can agree with that general idea... Spielberg was such a great director back in the day because he was able to take that sentiment and really capture vivid human emotion and marry the two together. Now he's just going through the motions.

Yeah, it was a good movie, but you'd expect more from Spielberg. The ending is a bit crap.
But I saw it at the movie theaters, it was an awesome experience.

I don't think Moon is all that. I certainly prefer Source Code.
Great way to start your filming carrer with these two.

elsk

Banned
Hmm.

Contract would be the same. Tempted. I'll be locked in to the 5 for 24 months though..

I would wait! The 'S' version is always the best, they always save some good feature for that version. You still have an iPhone 4 so I don't think you're in a hurry (like me :/). I would also wait to see if this version doesn't come 'problems' before buying it. Remember is a completely new hardware.

Hmm.

I've jumped into my first iPhone today. Ordered the 5.

Going from a Blackberry 8520 to the 5. I'm going to wet myself when it arrives.

Slizz

Small bit of trivia but for those of you who don't know, the director of Moon and Source Code is David Bowie's son.

Indeed it is.

Moon was definitely better than Source Code, but I had 0 expectations for Source Code and left entertained.

Fady K

Indeed it is.

Moon was definitely better than Source Code, but I had 0 expectations for Source Code and left entertained.

Likewise to be fair, Source Code was far from bad, it was actually quite good! I just felt that it could have been more!

Wilbur

Banned
Another great sci-fi flick of our generation - District 9. Excellent film. I even liked it more than Moon.

I meant go for the 2D version ;D

District 9 was really good until it decided to abandon the documentary social commentary side and then it just became a good action film.

For our resident Muslims, what are your thoughts on this anti-Muslim film thingy, and what are your thoughts on radical Islam?

Also, are there no ladies in football-gaf?

Is SSN the perfect background channel?

3Sixty

Can't wait for our game tonight. Be good to get some football back after a difficult week. We're taking 2,500 down to Brighton as well which is cracking for the distance on a Friday night. Regret not getting the day off work and going.

Tough game, Brighton are decent at home.

--

Some Danish blokes asked me a question just as i was finishing work, the temptation to break out Wooden's voice recording was strong.

I'm excited for End of Watch.

I was underwhelmed by the iPhone 5, but now that it is available for pre-order, I want to upgrade my 4S to a 5. What is wrong with me?!

Also, Donnie Darko is overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom