• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
Can't wait for our game tonight. Be good to get some football back after a difficult week. We're taking 2,500 down to Brighton as well which is cracking for the distance on a Friday night. Regret not getting the day off work and going.

Wes

venison crêpe
This is from a Villa forum:

ThisTall.png

:robben:

AA. What do you think the lineup will be against Swansea?

I'd imagine something like:

-----------Guzan-------------
Lowton-Clark-Vlaar-Bennett
Ireland-El Ahmadi-Westwood
----------Holman---------------
-------Bent-Benteke-----------

I'd like to see Ireland replace Holman, and move Bannan to Ireland's spot, but I don't think we will.

jtb

Banned
Anyone else interested in this new Obsidian RPG?

They'll be announcing what it is within the next 30 mins.

Very. huge obsidian fan; I'll apologize for anything and everything they've done (and they've made some shit) and buy whatever they make because they still push the envelope (even if no one buys their games lol)

Wes

venison crêpe
I'd imagine something like:

-----------Guzan-------------
Lowton-Clark-Vlaar-Bennett
Ireland-El Ahmadi-Westwood
----------Holman---------------
-------Bent-Benteke-----------

I'd like to see Ireland replace Holman, and move Bannan to Ireland's spot, but I don't think we will.

I would swap Holman for Ireland position wise. And put in Gabby instead of Benteke. Apart from that I had the same.

Linius

I'm really addicted to Firefly, it's a shame it won't be a long addiction. And hot damn, Christina Hendricks looked mighty fine on Firefly.

Fady K

War Horse is one of the few Spielberg films I have not seen yet, coming up on TV soon. Any thoughts from a fellow footygaffer?

Why do I have to wait til Monday to see us lose? :(

You never know bro ;D The PL is so unpredictable. The only predictable thing is a Manchester club will win the title for the next 5 years
ManUtd ManUtd ManCity ManUtd ManUtd

Clegg

Project Eternity

Day 1

Project Eternity is an isometric, party-based RPG set in a new fantasy world developed by Obsidian Entertainment.

Combat uses a tactical real-time with pause system - positioning your party and coordinating attacks and abilities is one of the keys to success. The world map is dotted with unique locations and wilderness ripe for exploration and questing. You’ll create your own character and collect companions along the way – taking him or her not just through this story, but, with your continued support, through future adventures. You will engage in dialogues that are deep, and offer many choices to determine the fate of you and your party. …and you'll experience a story that explores mature themes and presents you with complex, difficult choices to shape how your story plays out.

dc89

I would've waited. That's a nice post.

What's wrong with you folks, stop arguing.

Come to irc, I'm all by meself there, getting lonely.

That City complex looks amazing. I hope they're able to pull it off.

It seems like real football was so long ago. Hopefully we're past our Super Cup game and ready for QPR tomorrow.

Wish we had enough money for something like that.

Nothing is wrong with dc's post - let him be excited, I would be.

Only thing I will say is this - I don't understand why if you say you don't really care City fans automatically assume you are jealous/bitter/scared.

The plans are great, they really are, wonderful for City and for Manchester - that doesn't then have to translate into rival fans being worried.

I give a shit :p Always happy to see a fan passionate about his club. I even like it when Ushojax shares the latest Tottenham developments. Thanks for sharing dc ;D I'm glad to see City try to build themselves and not focus on the current squad only.

Thought the first episode of Being Liverpool was really good, here's the video for those who haven't seen it.

I personally think that City campus looks amazing. I'd jizz in my Warrior undies if I was a youth player playing there.

I am glad you guys are interested!

Yen

War Horse is one of the few Spielberg films I have not seen yet, coming up on TV soon. Any thoughts from a fellow footygaffer?

You never know bro ;D The PL is so unpredictable. The only predictable thing is a Manchester club will win the title for the next 5 years
ManUtd ManUtd ManCity ManUtd ManUtd

If the horse doesn't talk, don't watch it. I'm gonna watch AI tonight, never seen it. Or Munich.

jtb

Banned
War Horse is awful. Spielbeg's lost it and Lincoln will be in the Invictus and Edgar vein of historical biopics that aren't actually biopics, and are horribly horribly executed.

Also, so unbelievably hyped for Project Eternity. Chris fucking Avellone.

Fady K

If the horse doesn't talk, don't watch it. I'm gonna watch AI tonight, never seen it. Or Munich.

It certainly doesn't talk as far as I know :p It's a more realistic film! AI?? It is a love it or hate it film! I personally loved it. You may need to keep a tissue box nearby :p

Munich is pretty good.

As expected. Hard to find a worse fixture schedule than yours :(

tbh, a team hoping to challenge for fourth should not be losing pathetically to West Brom and Arsenal, and gifting goals to teams when they don't look like scoring. No matter which way you cut it, we've turned a difficult situation into a dismal one

Wilbur

Banned
War Horse is awful. Spielbeg's lost it and Lincoln will be in the Invictus and Edgar vein of historical biopics that aren't actually biopics, and are horribly horribly executed.

Also, so unbelievably hyped for Project Eternity. Chris fucking Avellone.

I don't think I've played an Obsidian game that isn't Alpha Protocol.

And agreed on Spielberg. DDL looks good but Lincoln looks bad.

dc89

I don't think they've mentioned what the platform will be. But I'll deffo be getting it.

And a gaffer has just donated $1000 to the kickstarter.

WUT?

It certainly doesn't talk as far as I know :p It's a more realistic film! AI?? It is a love it or hate it film! I personally loved it. You may need to keep a tissue box nearby :p

Munich is pretty good.

Munich is a great film!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom