• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

Reuters said:
Japan's government said it intends to stop using nuclear power by the 2030s, marking a major shift from policy goals set before last year's Fukushima disaster that sought to increase the share of atomic energy to more than half of electricity supply.

Anyone see this? Off topic but big news!

Thanks for everyones advice on my college situation. I went to my local Connections type place and they are helping me out with an appeal of the decision. Hopefully it is successful.

Fady K

I spend my free time doing other things now, it is weird, but I don't consider myself a gamer anymore.

It happens to a lot of us btw, where we just don't get into games as much anymore. Blablurn is currently facing this situation I believe? It's funny cause for me it was an on and off relationship with gaming until 2001 and ever since I have been a huge gamer. It has become as big as, if not bigger in some cases, movies for me. I mostly play games now for the same reason I would want to see a good movie or read a good book, to explore an interesting plot, universe, characters, etc ;D Sometimes just for the sake of having fun ;D

Good on you on thinking of Dishonored and ACIII though - both look incredible.

I will play FIFA online but for the people that don't touch career mode, I'm annoyed that it isn't good in the first place. Like I said yesterday, I have 140 hours or so on my Skyrim save which I've done at my own leisure. Walking Dead is one of the best things I've played in years

Skyrim :0 Must play that sometime :] Walking Dead is on the list too - i'm surprised at how well it's done given that Telltale's game before it - Jurassic Park - did not do so well. Can't wait to play it <3 What you just said here:

Wilbury said:
A great single player with a great story - Walking Dead is one of the best things I've played in years - is far more attractive to me than something like Call Of Dury where it's assumed a vast majority of your time will e online

This *defines* me as a gamer haha. For better or worse Wil, we are similar gamers :p

Slizz

Sleeping Dogs was the first game I played and beat that wasn't online in a very long time...

I literally have 0% completion in Campaign for COD:MW2, all my gaming is online.

Fady K

I mainly bought Sleeping Dogs because of Kyoufu haha. Looks good.

They'll change their minds soon enough.... Unless it means a major push into renewables which would be good for everyone.

That and fusion should be coming online around that time (hopefully).

It'll be interesting to see what direction they take. It is a good precaution to take after all the crap that happened after the earthquake. So much at risk when such a natural disaster occurs...it was horrible.

Messi

I like Olivia. I think she's gorgeous.

cheers.gif

Got kicked off my college course while being off for two weeks cause of illness :/

Cheers!

-----------------------

Also deciding whether to go to the Chelsea U21 game tonight and see Marin or just watch all of Giant Bombs Big Live Live Show...
Dirty bastards. Hope it works out for you.

You should go. I'd love to live that handy to the grounds.

Dirty bastards. Hope it works out for you.

You should go. I'd love to live that handy to the grounds.

Cheers. I went to the first game against Man City and it was a lot of fun. Both teams had some great players. City had a right-back who looked just like Sol Campbell but was really good. I shall make my mind up soon as it takes 30 minutes to get there.

Willkiller, you're David Lightman, from War Games! And I legitimately love Gagnam Style.

Oh, I need to pick up Sleeping Dogs at some point too. I guess I'm in a transition from spending all my time playing games, to purchasing one game every few months, and playing through that. I've probably played close to 100 titles on Xbox this generation.

Good to see I'm not the only one resisting progress when it comes to brightphones. What did you replace it with, btw?

Some Nokia with a slide-screen, dunno what its called. I have zero interest in phones :p

It used to be my Dad's and I only started using it to see if my texting would start working, it doesn't though :(

Linius

Since this afternoon I'm finally gaming in glorious HD. I'm glad I finally got a new TV. Just in time to finish Arkham City.

Since this afternoon I'm finally gaming on glorious HD. I'm glad I finally got a new TV. Just in time to finish Arkham City.

Disappointing game for me. Disappointing year in general

UC3 - Good but a big step back
Batman: AC - Decent, but one step forward and two steps back
SSX - Rubbish, soulless
BF3 - Brilliant until it relied on dedicated servers, then I lost interest
Skyrim - Not fun, awful performance
KZ3 - Step back from KZ2
MW3 - Not interested despite putting about 300 hours into MW2

PS3-wise, the only games I'm really looking forward to for the rest of the generation are Ground Zeroes, The Last of Us and The Last Guardian. GoW: Ascension and Dishonoured maybe, but I think Ascension will probably suffer for its focus on multiplayer

Linius

Oh wow congrats! Once you go HD you can never go back!!

Congrats, its an awesome moment, when you start gaming in HD on your brand new tv.

Thanks, it actually is yes. It all looks so bright. I can even read text in game :p

Disappointing game for me. Disappointing year in general

UC3 - Good but a big step back
Batman: AC - Decent, but one step forward and two steps back
SSX - Rubbish, soulless
BF3 - Brilliant until it relied on dedicated servers, then I lost interest
Skyrim - Not fun, awful performance
KZ3 - Step back from KZ2
MW3 - Not interested despite putting about 300 hours into MW2

PS3-wise, the only games I'm really looking forward to for the rest of the generation are Ground Zeroes, The Last of Us and The Last Guardian. GoW: Ascension and Dishonoured maybe, but I think Ascension will probably suffer for its focus on multiplayer

I haven't gotten around playing Arkham Asylum so I have nothing to compare to. But I really like the game. I sticked to the main quest so I'm almost done with it.

I'm excited for Assassin's Creed III this year.

Fady K

As a major gamer I feel a sense of responsibility of keeping footygaf updated with all the best games coming out when they do :D

Thanks, it actually is yes. It all looks so bright. I can even read text in game :p

I haven't gotten around playing Arkham Asylum so I have nothing to compare to. But I really like the game. I sticked to the main quest so I'm almost done with it.

I'm excited for Assassin's Creed III this year.

Yeah reading text becomes a possibility!! Arkham Asylum is BEAUTIFUL!!! ACIII is looking ace. We have a LOT of good looking games coming up :)!

I have zero interest in phones too, most of my phones were gifts. :p

However, my 3GS is dying.

3GS here too bro! Dying as well :[

I was hoping you would also disagree with his opinion on Uncharted 3 as I hope it turns out to be great :[ 2 was my favorite game ever.

Don't get me wrong, UC3 is a very good game, but it was always going to be at least a little disappointing when it follows the best game of the generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom