• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Wolves have changed 10 players from their team that played in the league on the weekend.

It's a shame that this early into the season they're resting so many players when they have trip to a top PL side in the cup. I know Wolves have been in the PL for the last few years so it's not like they've never been here before...but it's a shame they've basically given in already.

Chelsea are playing some of their squad players so Wolves might, just might, have had a chance of a result.

dc89

Apparently Wolves have changed 10 players from their team that played in the league on the weekend.

It's a shame that this early into the season they're resting so many players when they have trip to a top PL side in the cup. I know Wolves have been in the PL for the last few years so it's not like they've never been here before...but it's a shame they've basically given in already.

Chelsea are playing some of their squad players so Wolves might, just might, have had a chance of a result.

I hope your watching Great British Bake Off!

pappe

What's the point of playing and tiring your best players for a competition your team has 0 chance of winning. They have game at the weekend as well.

Bumhead

Banned

Saving their first team for the difficult game they have this weekend (arf)..

Can I do it too?

Looks like there's room for both of us.

pappe

Why were there so many men in suits on the pitch at Juve vs florentine? Have they stopped with the prentenses and started fixing matches openly now a days?
sorry ital footy GAF couldn't resist.

I hope your watching Great British Bake Off!
No I'm gonna iPlayer it tonight! I saw Nigellisima! Pretty good, it's so cheesy though..her lines are cringe! That "Mea-zza" thing she made looked good!

What's the point of playing and tiring your best players for a competition your team has 0 chance of winning. They have game at the weekend as well.
That's not the way you should approach the match though. In most cup competitions there are maybe a dozen sides who have a realistic chance of winning - is everybody else just meant to give up?

Wolves just got relegated. Who knows when they'll be back. This is a chance for them to play against top players in a world famous ground. They should have relished it a little bit more IMO.

I understand why they've made the choice they have - I just think it's a shame.

pappe

No I'm gonna iPlayer it tonight! I saw Nigellisima! Pretty good, it's so cheesy though..her lines are cringe! That "Mea-zza" thing she made looked good!

That's not the way you should approach the match though. In most cup competitions there are maybe a dozen sides who have a realistic chance of winning - is everybody else just meant to give up?

Wolves just got relegated. Who knows when they'll be back. This is a chance for them to play against top players in a world famous ground. They should have relished it a little bit more IMO.

I understand why they've made the choice they have - I just think it's a shame.
They were in the league till last year. They have had enough matches in the world class stadiums. They want to get back to top division and I am all for them doing whatever it takes to get them there. I would have done the same .

Sloane

Banned
Dortmund miss such a good opportunity. Kagawa would have made the final pass. :p

Bayern will win this league easily.
Yup, season will be boring as hell, wouldn't be surprised if Bayern didn't lose a single game until they've won the league. Guess the race for the CL spots could be interesting at least.

Gambit

Should I watch the match reports or start studying for my final exam on Thursday?

I guess I can read up on Dortmund another time...

elsk

Banned
A3qdQLuCEAA68-y.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Expecting a big crowd tomorrow for Arsenal vs. Coventry so we better not lose. I expect many players, like Cazorla, Podolski, Arteta etc... To be rested for the game on the weekend.

Meier

What does Abstieg mean in comparison to Relegation?

Edit: Another goal from Aleks via Free Kick apparently. City's twitter called it STUNNING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom