• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Destiny Alpha Withdrawal Thread

SnakeEyes

Banned
hand%2520cannon.gif

I don't remember any hand cannons like this in the alpha, did I just not find/buy it? If so, name of said hand cannon, please.
It's an upgrade option in the higher-rarity handguns I believe (blue and up) to be able to fan the hammer for a faster RoF.

In Collector's Edition, there had better be a replica of Thorn.

I feel like there might be legal issues with transporting and distributing gun replicas, hah. Bungie themselves even had a bunch of issues with it last year. And let's not forget the time the police raided Bungie Studios over their Sniper Rifle, haha.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I feel like there might be legal issues with transporting and distributing gun replicas, hah. Bungie themselves even had a bunch of issues with it last year. And let's not forget the time the police raided Bungie Studios over their Sniper Rifle, haha.
Should be different if it's not 1:1 though, right?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I can't cosplay with this
If they were planning to throw 1:1 weapon replicas into a Collectors Edition, no one would be able to afford them. Remember the prices for the Mass Effect gun replicas through Tri-Force? Fucking ridiculously priced.

SnakeEyes

Banned
That hand cannon is serious, I should have tried one out during the alpha.
I used one at the end of the alpha, after having spent the majority of the time with Full-Auto Rifles, and it was fun to use in Explore against AI. Dunno how well they work in PvP though.

Hand cannon was my favorite primary with pulse rifles being a close second in the alpha. The hand cannon I was using by the end of the alpha was upgraded to the 3rd sight type which was described as being "agile". Aiming down sight
summoning Dax
with that upgrade on felt like so silky smooth.

Pimpwerx

Hand cannon was my favorite primary with pulse rifles being a close second in the alpha. The hand cannon I was using by the end of the alpha was upgraded to the 3rd sight type which was described as being "agile". Aiming down sight
summoning Dax

PvP or against computer opponents? I spent most of my time exploring against AI. I preferred full auto rifles with fusion rifles as secondary. I never really used the hand cannon. I didn't think much of it. Now that I do, it's probably the superior PvP weapon, PEACE.

PvP or against computer opponents? I spent most of my time exploring against AI. I preferred full auto rifles with fusion rifles as secondary. I never really used the hand cannon. I didn't think much of it. Now that I do, it's probably the superior PvP weapon, PEACE.

PvE. Didn't do a single crucible match since I know I'm not good at first person pvp.

blamite

Oh hey, Burritosenior's on GAF? Welcome!
Anyone get the Warlock's Blink ability in the alpha, if it was even possible? It sounds cool to be able to teleport, but does it really replace your grenade? The in-game description said it binds to L1... Doesn't necessarily sound like a great tradeoff to me...

Oh hey, Burritosenior's on GAF? Welcome!

Anyone get the Warlock's Blink ability in the alpha, if it was even possible? It sounds cool to be able to teleport, but does it really replace your grenade? The in-game description said it binds to L1... Doesn't necessarily sound like a great tradeoff to me...

Wasn't possible to get it in alpha. And I could swear it said it binded to R1. Which would mean you'd lose the ability to midair melee, but R1 would still be melee if you haven't jumped.

The Warlocks helmet looks like some sort of microscopic parasite coming to take a chomp.

The helmets look so cool but also realy impractical. The sides almost completely obscure their peripheral vision. It's kinda amusing.

On that note,the robe the Warlock is wearing looks like it came from the Hellmouth. Has the same patterns as some of the architecture.

Aww yiss.

Only played hunter in the alpha, but I should probably try the other two classes during the beta. Figure out what I want to roll with during launch. Hunter will always be my first though, and special in my heart.
I'm probably gonna go hunter for main during launch lol

Trouble

Banned
The helmets look so cool but also realy impractical. The sides almost completely obscure their peripheral vision. It's kinda amusing.

On that note,the robe the Warlock is wearing looks like it came from the Hellmouth. Has the same patterns as some of the architecture.

Aww yiss.

Here's the full image I took that from.

blamite

Can anyone confirm that 3 character slots is the maximum amount you could have?

I think that Game Informer cover story from a while back said you could have three characters, although I guess that could have changed since. Lemme see if I can find the article to make sure though.

EDIT: It was a Eurogamer article: "In Destiny you play as one character at a time, but you can have a maximum of three characters on a single account. So, you can have one of each of the three Guardian classes on the go: Titan, Hunter and Warlock."

Kelsey

Banned
What would you prefer it to be? 60FPS despite the fact that all Bungie games are 30FPS and it was never an issue until the great FPS Debate of the 8th Gen?

I think we all get hung up on, "Is this number bigger or smaller?!" and forget that games can be set to 30FPS, not because technology isn't being pushed, but because the game was intentionally designed that way? Personally, I find CoD to be absolutely awful. Same thing to a less degree with Battlefield (I loved Bad Company 2 though.).

No, I would prefer it to not repeat frames so much, which causes the game to look like it's dropping framerate. This was pointed out by Digital Foundry in their appraisal of the alpha.

Spawnling

Cheers. Apparently I've had an account here since 2010. Somebody today just alerted me to the fact. I was unaware.

I see a number of interesting discussions though, so looking forward to it. Alas, I was unable to play the Destiny Alpha myself. But I'm sure my knowledge of it is comparable to most peoples' anyways!

Lots of people here seem to be sad about not having the Alpha, and are looking for temporary replacements until the Beta. Myself, I never had it so I'm just waiting for the next three weeks to scoot on by! Until then, I bask in Guacamelee and Titanfall. I know, I'm a filthy plebeian, hah.

I believe this is the first time I've seen you round these parts :)

OMG cannot unsee the face on that helmet.

the two circles on the top of the helmet are the eyes, and your brain will do the rest...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I wonder if Humans still celebrate popular holidays in Destiny. Would love to see Bungie change the city to winter theme or a Halloween one.

real holidays are a must

i'm a festive guy so the whole concept of MMOs celebrating Halloween and Christmas is just the best

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
summoning Dax

What's the matter with ADSing now? That's I all I do and it worked well in the Alpha I thought?

Top Bottom