• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Destiny Alpha Withdrawal Thread

SnakeEyes

Banned
Proof that SnakeEyes is the darkness! Tell us your secrets!

selfavatarquote

2536682-4136665157-13937.jpg

Alright, I admit it.

I am The Darkness.

Lasty95

I can't honestly understand why people would want a Traveller statue. A Ghost would be cool, I guess, but I'd prefer a statue of the 3 classes or a miniature replica of one of the Exotic weapons.

A shrike replica would be pretty cool.

And fairly likely is say.

Karl Hawk

Banned
So, anything happen in here while I was playing Transistor?

Nothing interesting. Bungie hosted some Crucible matches at RTX and that's it.

But it's alright though, because tomorrow it's Bungie Day and we'll supposedly see some exclusive coverage for the game from IGN themselves.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ugh no statues please. Just give us the OST and Artbook in a nice package with some bonus content. Not a worthless statue.

It's Bungie Day on the other side of the world... can i please pre-order my collector's edition now :p

Will be seriously upset if these things are limited around the world and are not allocated a certain amount per a country as Aussies/NZ/Asia are likely to miss out - i can just see it selling out lightning fast while we sleep tomorrow night.

El-Suave

It's Bungie Day on the other side of the world... can i please pre-order my collector's edition now :p

Will be seriously upset if these things are limited around the world and are not allocated a certain amount per a country as Aussies/NZ/Asia are likely to miss out - i can just see it selling out lightning fast while we sleep tomorrow night.

Activision is going all in for this one - I doubt they'll be more rare than the big COD editions. I do hop there is some mild rarity there though. Scenarios where publishers promise you rarity and it turns out to just be a method to get you to buy at a premium are bad. Cat helmets and the Skyrim dragon come to mind, the supposedly rare giant Titanfall mech is also still widely available, sometimes already heavily discounted.

Lasty95

Wouldn't say no to a shrike statue (although I'm sure my missus would) but really after in game stuff. Flaming gauntlets or something.

Or guns.

Lots of guns.

Ugh no statues please. Just give us the OST and Artbook in a nice package with some bonus content. Not a worthless statue.

Good sir, I consider my statues to be of quite a bit of personal value. Ideally, I would like a statue of a lone guardian shooting upward at at 58º angle so I can have him fighting my Alduin statue while Noble Team looks on heroic-ly. :p

Opposingly, I really hate in-game content in Collector's Editions. The only exception being the flaming helmet in Reach.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. I demand at least a 3 hour behind the scenes or else there will be hell to pay. lol
I demand a private tour around the Bungie studios ending in a luxurious dinner with all the key staff that worked on Destiny.

Bungie will compensate any traveling costs of course.

MMaRsu

Banned
I will take nothing less than a personal dinner with the development team and a tour around the Bungie facilities as a 1 out of 10.000 chance when you pick up the collectors edition.

Like some sort of Charlie and the chocolate factory golden ticket.

Heh

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i'm kind of excited for the iPhone app they're gonna release. i like looking at my character, checking out my gear, maybe even doing a little customization while i'm on the can at the office.

Theyre playing mp on the rtx twitch right now

http://www.twitch.tv/rtxlive

are they just showing the crowd now? before they used up half the screen for the streamers' ugly mugs and now this.... no one wants to see a convention hall full of paunchy 20something white dudes in glasses.

Stainless

are they just showing the crowd now? before they used up half the screen for the streamers' ugly mugs and now this.... no one wants to see a convention hall full of paunchy 20something white dudes in glasses.

well tbh I don't even know what they're doing now. After that round (bungie lost) they went to some animation short and now it seems like it's just repeat of the panel discussion from yesterday

todd360

I love everyone in this thread. My brothers and sisters in destiny hype. Tomorrow shall be a glorious day filled with feasts and collectors editions. Forever may bungie reign.

LowParry

So since my first PS4 will be the Destiny bundle, how long will updating take for me before I can jump into Destiny?

calder

So since my first PS4 will be the Destiny bundle, how long will updating take for me before I can jump into Destiny?
Not that long really, the Destiny PS4 should have current firmware, perhaps a minor .0x version behind. You can download the latest before launch and have it on a USB drive if you have slow internet or want to be sure.

As to what day 1 patches Destiny will have, who knows. But even when ps4 launched I found the firmware downloaded very fast just after midnight even as logging into PSN was a bit hit and miss.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm ready to leave the shackles of Hunter behind me and go full Titan in the Beta.

I need to punch people.

Bsigg12

The countdown is on for Bungie Day 2014. I can't wait to see the Collectors Edition and everything else they talk about.

Top Bottom