• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Seasons 7 and 8 |OT| Wednesdays 9/8c on ABC.

7d2136221505c5f721c5481ccdb51c66.jpg

Cast:

eff47ba0162da762c66a4edd26b4cb53.jpg
552c50e358c94dac1322c3bda46c5277.jpg
3cc4e089af54b92fb9d688f2cc97c2ef.jpg
5e8f517d60bb11365407b3c36040325e.jpg

Ed O'Neill as Jay Pritchett
Sofía Vergara as Gloria Pritchett
Julie Bowen as Claire Dunphy
Ty Burrell as Phil Dunphy
6ed80f518711baad3d3842183ed24d51.jpg
a64a6da0dc82c0a940ff01b14b3411da.jpg
0ba0000283bad0caec16a9ca2a911b68.jpg
fbb545a8d0471d0cb6eaa2c4be341e17.jpg

Eric Stonestreet as Cameron Tucker
Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell Pritchett
Sarah Hyland as Haley Dunphy
Ariel Winter as Alex Dunphy
ac3045b419b1801e57af69ad6b2ce431.jpg
78b9233953771b1868a1707c19fa4b65.jpg
e0e0b8902a86f8234d189b9922829bf9.jpg
1f922c8fcd0f77acca93b5c8117e86aa.jpg

Nolan Gould as Luke Dunphy
Rico Rodriguez as Manny Delgado-Pritchett
Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily Tucker-Pritchett
Jeremy Maguire as Joe Pritchett
Season premiere September 23rd 9/8c on ABC.

Episodes:
1) Summer Lovin - Promo
In the Season 7 premiere, Haley tries to stop Andy from proposing to Beth, but the attempt does a number on their emotions. Meanwhile, Jay and Gloria look at preschools for Joe, and are shocked by how competitive the process can be; and Cameron remains supportive of Mitchell's midlife career crisis, though he hatches a plan to get his husband's old job back when they start to run out of money.
2) The Day Alex Left for College.
3) The Closet Case.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
very much looking forward to having this back

Catdaddy

I hope the kid who plays Luke has taken some acting classes between seasons.

So it’s not just me. The older he gets the worse the acting is. Noticed it big time on the USA reruns when they switch from a S1 to S5 show, he went from being cute with the delivery to just plain awkward and cringy.

I watched till season 4 and then it got bland. has it improved?

I thought season 5 was the low point, but last season was better. They do repeat themselves a lot. The premiere plots sound familiar. Jay and Gloria's preschool plot sounds a lot like Cam and Mitchell's, and we need another story about unemployment with Cam and Mitchell?

Ogodei

I've watched this on a local indie broadcast channel until i got sick of it (and yet kept watching because, surprise, antenna TV doesn't have anything better). That first episode spoiler does sound really similar to the episode where Cam and Mitchell try to get Lily into preschool, and Cam tries a diversity hail mary by pretending to be 1/16th Cherokee after they get upstaged by interracial lesbians (one disabled) with a black child.

Slow-motion trainwrecks are what this show does best sometimes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought that was a mediocre premiere. They picked up right where last season's cliffhanger left off only to...keep the Haley & Andy will they/won't they status quo going? How long are they going to drag this out? The premiere would have been the perfect opportunity for the writers to make them an official couple.

Bleh.

(I did like seeing the new Pritchett section in the opening though :)

Ed O Neill! I love this guy!!

This show made me re-watch "married with children" again!

My favourite Al bundy quote:

"Don't try to understand women... women understand women and they hate each other!

Lol

WeTeHa

Hm... i thought the opening episode was kind of disappointing, to be honest.

Hopefully next week will be better.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I am not familiar with this show.

Why are all the women hot while the men look like slobs?

I can't remember the reasoning with Jay and Gloria (Ed Oneil and Sofia Vergara) but with Phil and Claire (Ty Burrel and Julie Bowen) its because hes funny. Gets addressed quite a lot actually

Catdaddy

I can't remember the reasoning with Jay and Gloria (Ed Oneil and Sofia Vergara) but with Phil and Claire (Ty Burrel and Julie Bowen) its because hes funny. Gets addressed quite a lot actually

Jay and Gloria is a trophy wife situation, he has money...oh and they love each other.

Phil and Claire - didn't he also knock her up before they got married?

The premier was a bit off from past shows, hoping it was just the wrapping up of the cliffhanger.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Premier episode was funny, but they're dragging out the Andy-Hayley thing waaaaaaaaay too much.

Just watched it.

The monthly transition was a good for story to pick up. Mitchel part was the funniest.

Happy the show is back. Can't wait for the weekly episodes.

Just watched it.

The monthly transition was a good for story to pick up. Mitchel part was the funniest.

Happy the show is back. Can't wait for the weekly episodes.

Same here, the show is my guilty pleasure (always told there areally better comedies but always enjoy this more) kinda glad Hayley isn't with Andy yet, that final line from Claire was brilliant,

Top Bottom