• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S7 | The Originals S3 |OT| Everyone Has Mommy Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

tvdseason7keyart.jpg
theoriginalsseason3keyart.jpg

The Vampire Diaries said:
In the wake of Elena Gilbert’s goodbye, season seven begins with some characters will recover while others falter. As Lily tries to drive a wedge between the Salvatore brothers, we’ll still hold onto hope that Stefan and Caroline’s love story is strong enough to survive.

Main Cast
Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore
Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore
Kat Graham as Bonnie Bennett
Candice King as Caroline Forbes
Zach Roerig as Matt Donovan
Matt Davis as Alaric Saltzman
Michael Malarkey as Enzo

Supporting Cast
Annie Wersching as Lily Salvatore
Elizabeth Blackmore as Valerie
Scarlett Byrne as Nora
Teressa Liane as Mary Louise
Justice Leak as Malcolm
Jaiden Kaine as Beau
Todd Lasance as Julian
Tim Kang as Oscar

The Originals said:
The Mikaelson family tragedies and triumphs continue as THE ORIGINALS enters its third season. The Original vampire-werewolf hybrid Klaus Mikaelson (Joseph Morgan) and his maternal half-brother Elijah (Daniel Gillies) have spent one thousand years fighting to protect their dysfunctional family, but now that Klaus and the hybrid Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) share an infant daughter, Hope, the stakes are higher than ever. In the second season, Klaus and Elijah united against their resurrected mother, Esther, who tortured them with demons from their pasts in an effort to persuade them to surrender their vampire bodies and become mortal. Esther, however, was only the harbinger, as Klaus learned that a long-standing curse had marked Hope for a life of isolation and terror at the hands of Esther’s sister, the witch Dahlia, whose defeat came at great cost to the family. Season 3 finds Klaus and Elijah estranged from each other, even as both half-brothers adjust to life with their long-lost sister, Freya (Riley Voelkel). Hayley suffers mightily at the hands of Klaus’s petty vengeance, while Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) and Davina (Danielle Campbell) rule the city under a new status quo. Meanwhile, Camille (Leah Pipes) and Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) find themselves caught up in a surprising mystery involving the newest resident of New Orleans

Main Cast
Joseph Morgan as Niklaus Mikaelson
Daniel Gillies as Elijah Mikaelson
Phoebe Tonkin as Hayley Marshall-Kenner
Charles Michael Davis as Marcel Gerard
Leah Pipes as Camille O'Connell
Danielle Campbell as Davina Claire
Yusuf Gatewood as Vincent Griffith
Riley Voelkel as Freya Mikaelson

Supporting Cast
Steven Krueger as Josh Rosza
Nathan Parsons as Jackson Kenner
Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Rebekah Mikaelson
Andrew Lees as Lucien
Rebecca Breeds as Aurora
Oliver Ackland as Tristan
Jason Dohring as Will Kinney
Lawrence Kao as Van Nguyen
Tracy Ifeachor as Aya

Joni

The Vampire Diaries: Day One of Twenty-Two Thousand, Give or Take
After a twisted plan left the life of his girlfriend Elena linked to that of his best friend Bonnie, Damon is forced to navigate his new reality without the love of his life. A newly empowered Bonnie has decided that she will be Damon’s moral compass and keeps a close eye on him as he, in turn, cautiously keeps tabs on Alaric, following the loss of his fiancée Josette Laughlin. Meanwhile, as he waits for Caroline to sort out her emotions, Stefan takes an active role in protecting the town from Lily and her family of Heretics, who have wasted no time wreaking havoc in Mystic Falls. Elsewhere, Enzo struggles to find his place in Lily’s new life, and is quickly forced to decide where his true loyalties lie. Finally, with the stakes higher than ever, Matt, who has recently completed his deputy training program, teams up with Stefan and Caroline to put a stop to the Heretics, but an unexpected turn of events leaves one of them in a dangerous position.

The Originals: For the Next Millennium
Months following their violent and deadly showdown with the powerful witch Dahlia, a rift continues to divide brothers Klaus and Elijah, while Freya searches for a way to heal their fractured bond and return their family to the way they once were. Meanwhile, Klaus’ suspicion piques when he learns that an old vampire friend named Lucien has arrived to New Orleans with a mysterious agenda involving the Mikaelson’s remaining sire lines. Elsewhere, Elijah questions whether he can truly forgive his brother for his mounting offenses, while Hayley struggles with being cursed to her wolf form in the bayou. In the French Quarter, Vincent and Cami assist Detective Kinney after a series of gruesome discoveries are made, leading them to believe they may have a serial killer on the loose. Finally, Marcel, who has regained control of the French Quarter once again, tries a new strategy to recruit vampires, while Davina, who is now Regent to the New Orleans witches, makes a decision that will find her and Marcel on opposite sides of an escalating conflict.

Wall of Shame
FgjanmE.jpg

TripOpt55

I really enjoyed The Originals last season. I've been pretty meh on TVD the past few years, but I hope the changes for this season might give it a shot in the arm.

Joni

The Vampire Diaries was fun, good to see Scarlett Byrne which I didn't realize until I saw her in the episode and it is time to see Todd Lasance soon I hope. The heretics seem strong, but I love the new villain already. A seemingly immortal vampire hunter that can scar vampires. Didn't miss Elena/Tyler/Jeremy.

The Originals was great, with Kole and Rebeccah back even if only for a moment. Conflicts between sirelines are interesting stuff, it makes sense to end up on that area. They're essentially huge maffia-like families. It is still clear Klaus will forever be safe in this conflict as long he isn't unlinked.

Damn, that girl in the woods was hot. Name?
Courtney Lakin I suppose.

jwk94

Just started tvd. So far so good. Looks like killing Elena was the jump start then beefed. Now to finish the next half hour.

Pachimari

Both episodes were super solid. In no way did I notice Elena were gone and I'm happy Jeremy and Tyler isn't around. The new Heretics are fun to watch and Enzo might even get a better arc this season. The Vampire Diaries have upped the quality for now.

The Originals were equally good if not better. I like the new characters, the conflicts, new areas and all the lot points they set up. A lot of stuff happened this episode and the cliffhanger and reading of the future were very interesting.

I hope they keep it up next week. :)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
oh damn this has started up again?
need to catch up

jwk94

Man who would've thought TVD would have the best season premiere of the week? Fantastic episode. I wish Stephan and Caroline were friends instead of dating but whatever. So who do we think "she" is? Lily taking a new and more fun approach to killing? Or some newcomer?

And I guess i'm the only one who misses Jeremy =(

Joni

It has to be someone new. Lily loves her family, but Beau the mute black guy has the same scar as Stefan. Stefan's scar also react to the girl, while Lily and Beau have been around each other all the time.

Man who would've thought TVD would have the best season premiere of the week?
iZombie and Reign also debuted strong. But yeah, clearly a step up again, gives hope for the rest of the season.

Pachimari

Gotham has been on for a couple of weeks now. The CW stuff was the only important premieres this week.
Oh yeah sure. I thought we were talking about premieres this Fall season in general. Then TVD and Originals were the strongest this week I think.

Got around to watching the premieres today. Think TVD was the stronger of the two and I like how they went back to the final scene from last season. Seems like it should be a good season although not sure how it will go once Bonnie starts getting more focus.

Originals wasn't bad either but didn't have the same impact. Lesse how it turns out though.

jwk94

It has to be someone new. Lily loves her family, but Beau the mute black guy has the same scar as Stefan. Stefan's scar also react to the girl, while Lily and Beau have been around each other all the time.

iZombie and Reign also debuted strong. But yeah, clearly a step up again, gives hope for the rest of the season.

Oh, I'm not doubting iZombie or The Flash, I just feel like this one delivered on all fronts. It tied up what was going on in the finale well, built on that, introduced a new threat, made the character's reactions believable, made the new threat interesting, and hooked us with a cliffhanger that will entice people to watch and speculate about who's hunting people down.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
why is matt still a character in this
if all the other humans have left the town there is literally no reason for him to still be there
no one to police, no where to get food, nothing to do

Pachimari

I didn't get that he had to go on patrol. I were like, what is there to patrol, when all the humans have left anyway. It's not like he can do anything to the vampires anyway.

Joni

He is either trying to get people out of there that don't know about the agreement, or it is more general clean-up to see if the town is still okay so people can come back once they defeat them. They don't seem to attack him so there must be some sort of deal to allow him to act there. What I don't get, is why Damon/Stefan had to leave considering they are vampires.

Great season premieres for both shows.

I'm kinda glad that Elena isn't around anymore on TVD, it gives the show a freshness that was lacking when she was around.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Loved the first VD episode. Elena gone really changed everything and the whole show feels fresh and new. first episode was a lot of fun.

Originals was good, not as good as VD.
Don't like the new guy, but aurora ohhhmyyyy.

Joni

The second episode kept up the pace, mainly liked the look at the family history of the Salvatores. Putting Valerie and Stefan at a shared past is a bit boring, especially because it posts Valerie before Katherine.

jwk94

This week's episode of TVD was great, but I'm kinda sad we got the hunter person's identity spoiled for us.

Joni

It is indeed a big question, because I didn't get it spoiled either.
In any case, fun to see Tyler back, the Valerie romance wasn't as hamfisted as I expected and Caesar!

Somnia

I don't have a clue who the hunter is or how we know from this recent episode, hm.

Either way this week's TVD was really good and a step up for the season.

The Originals continues to be great though from the start, I love how these old creations of the family are coming back to haunt them. Some of these vampires are just as old as the originals themselves and have obviously built a lot of power.

Joni

The Originals continues to be great though from the start, I love how these old creations of the family are coming back to haunt them. Some of these vampires are just as old as the originals themselves and have obviously built a lot of power.
I love to see the origins of all these vampire communities, but the show continues to do the same thing over and over with the entire old friends showing up that you should trust. It should have a bit more expendable vampires in action maybe.

ZombieJo would make the most sense.
Possessed by something as the mute heretic has the same mark.

jwk94

? Who is it?

It is indeed a big question, because I didn't get it spoiled either.
In any case, fun to see Tyler back, the Valerie romance wasn't as hamfisted as I expected and Caesar!

I don't have a clue who the hunter is or how we know from this recent episode, hm.

Either way this week's TVD was really good and a step up for the season.

It's Lily's husband. We know it's not a female because Stefan specifically referred to the hunter as a "he." And Stefan's ex killed Damon's friend because he's the only one (right now) who knows where Lily's guy is burried (or whatever state he's in). It would make sense from her urgancy that he's the one who's hunting our cast.

Joni

It is probably the problem that Klaus and Elijah together are so powerful that nothing can stop them. They don't need to separate Stefan and Damon as they're still young an weak in vampire terms. I think the main issue is that whatever happens, they'll always get back together. Stefan/Damon will kill their mom, while Klaus/Elijah can do the same with their mom/dad but the originals will never hurt each other.

It's Lily's husband. We know it's not a female because Stefan specifically referred to the hunter as a "he." And Stefan's ex killed Damon's friend because he's the only one (right now) who knows where Lily's guy is burried (or whatever state he's in). It would make sense from her urgancy that he's the one who's hunting our cast.
Didn't he say she is back all the time in episode 1?

Wow this is still going? lol .. I havnt seen it since season 4, thought it would have ended by now ...

Anyone wanna recap me everything that happens from season 4 onwards? or is there a site I can have a quick recap of everything? I really dont wanna watch whole seasons of it .. Just curious to see what happened to the story.

Joni

Wow this is still going? lol .. I havnt seen it since season 4, thought it would have ended by now ...

Anyone wanna recap me everything that happens from season 4 onwards? or is there a site I can have a quick recap of everything? I really dont wanna watch whole seasons of it .. Just curious to see what happened to the story.

Wikipedia or The Vampire Diaries wikia?

I'm pretty sure they said it was a she

jwk94

It is probably the problem that Klaus and Elijah together are so powerful that nothing can stop them. They don't need to separate Stefan and Damon as they're still young an weak in vampire terms. I think the main issue is that whatever happens, they'll always get back together. Stefan/Damon will kill their mom, while Klaus/Elijah can do the same with their mom/dad but the originals will never hurt each other.

Didn't he say she is back all the time in episode 1?

I'm pretty sure they said it was a she

Ya I'm pretty sure Stefan said "she" and when they should her in the shadows it looked like a woman if I remember right.

Oh, well in that case continue the mystery! As for missing Kai, put me in that camp too. I love the heretics, but Kai was just so good.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Man, I've been down on VD for the past couple of seasons. After it catapulted to become my favorite show on TV during its heights in seasons 2 and 3, which were absolutely godly.

I just marathoned the first 3 eps of season seven, and by God, I feel like it's a return to form. The twists, the pacing, the character interactions and development, it's all firing. I noticed that Julie Plec showed in the opening credits as executive producer? Good. I didn't see her name much during seasons 4/5/6. She is doing right by her baby and not letting it sink. I hope they can keep this up because it's fresh and interesting as fuck.

The flash forwards in particular are awesome. And removing Elena (but still having her be a driving force for some of the character motivations) has been a breath of fresh air. Awesome stuff.

Matt_

I'm in the same boat. Really didn't care for the last two seasons of VD but the originals took over and kept my interest, but these past few episodes have been really good. Moving away from Elena drama was a great decision.

I will say the only negative of having the originals and TVD run at the same time is the whole drama about ELijah of Klaus dying just feels false as they're clearly not going to be going anywhere.

Joni

Good. I didn't see her name much during seasons 4/5/6. She is doing right by her baby and not letting it sink. I hope they can keep this up because it's fresh and interesting as fuck.
She always was executive producer in that period, wasn't she? It is Kevin Williamson who left after season 3.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
She always was executive producer in that period, wasn't she? It is Kevin Williamson who left after season 3.
She may have been. I just especially noticed that the writing in the first few episodes has been reminiscent of the first few seasons.

No "Let's make sure we have a party event every episode to fill the void of no plot development" or "Here's random element X that doesn't really have to do with anything"...They tried the college thing and it failed, along with a bunch of other stuff, but now we're getting meat and potatoes VD style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom