• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
So I have created a list (quote to see URL):

Everyone add your rating to each nation, remove a nation if it isn't really applicable.

We use rating 1-5.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wait, we're really rating the nations? I thought that was scrapped as being too convoluted.

Didn't Kab already make a list in the last thread?

fanboi

Banned
Wait, we're really rating the nations? I thought that was scrapped as being too convoluted.

Didn't Kab already make a list in the last thread?

I Think we need to have a list...

EDIT: and remove the nations that isnt existing...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So I have created a list (quote to see URL):

Everyone add your rating to each nation, remove a nation if it isn't really applicable.

We use rating 1-5.

Are we going by the system I suggested for the scale?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What was that again?

See last page. Basically, countries should be ranked so that by 1650, a 1-star player with a 5-star nation should be doing equally as well as a 5-star player with a 1-star nation, a 2-star player with a 4-star nation as well as a 4-star player with a 2-star country, and so on.

fanboi

Banned
See last page. Basically, countries should be ranked so that by 1650, a 1-star player with a 5-star nation should be doing equally as well as a 5-star player with a 1-star nation, a 2-star player with a 4-star nation as well as a 4-star player with a 2-star country, and so on.

Lets do like this.

Just add number, whatever you feel like to a country, then when a player chose the Points together shouldnt be higher then 6? And if there is any objection to a country rating we can discuss it here.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Lets do like this.

Just add number, whatever you feel like to a country, then when a player chose the Points together shouldnt be higher then 6? And if there is any objection to a country rating we can discuss it here.

Kab suggests 7 because apparently no player from the last session is rated below 1.5, so currently nations we ranked 5 would be banned from everybody completely, but otherwise sure.

EDIT: We also can't edit the list on account of it being view-only.

EDIT2: I also feel Horde-tech nations should also be included because they're effectively quasi-Muslim tech nations that play slightly differently at game-start, and some of them are pretty amazing (Timurids, Kazan). Anything outside of Western/Eastern/Muslim/Horde seems fair game to anyone, though.

fanboi

Banned
Kab suggests 7 because apparently no player from the last session is rated below 1.5, so currently nations we ranked 5 would be banned from everybody completely, but otherwise sure.

EDIT: We also can't edit the list on account of it being view-only.

EDIT2: I also feel Horde-tech nations should also be included because they're effectively quasi-Muslim tech nations that play slightly differently at game-start, and some of them are pretty amazing (Timurids, Kazan). Anything outside of Western/Eastern/Muslim/Horde seems fair game to anyone, though.

Added so all can edit... sorry.

Added Nomad tech

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for putting it all together. :3

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Should this be 1-5, or 0-5?

We seem to be using 0-5, probably because there are some nations it would just be pointless to ban whereas we haven't been misfortunate enough to have a player it would just be pointless to rate.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well, if the total maxes at seven, it really doesn't matter :p
Anyone can play anything rated 2 or up, so it's effectively a 2-5 scale :p

It does sort of matter as we're going by averages, so a 0 drags on average down more than a 1 does. I would be surprised if we had a nation that averaged over 2 where at least one player gave them a 0, though.

Haly

I think it's more like a 1-5 scale where a 0 means "we do not expect any player to voluntarily choose such a shitty nation".

5 - The GOAT nations, BBB, BGB, BYB, etc
4 - Nations that actually have a chance of beating 5 nations with cleverness and strategy (and not just an overwhelming alliance)
3 - Nations that dream of being 5 some day, but becoming a 4 nation is probably the best they can do
2 - The struggle is real
1 - Do you think this is some kind of OPM WC game?
0 - Not even worth considering

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
WHO IS THE LAMA THAT IS DESTROYING MY AVERAGE.

Lama (Tibetan: བླ་མ་, Wylie: bla-ma; "chief" or "high priest") is a title for a teacher of the Dharma in Tibetan Buddhism.

Are we being raided by Buddhists again?

Haly

Those are the secret scores Kab is keeping track of.

Fitz

Political_Parties.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

fanboi is clearly our Reactionary trying to roll back Kabouter's Liberal reforms.

EDIT: fanboi, the point of the ratings for players to be anonymously PM'd to kab last thread was to create the player rankings list. We decided to PM kab so he can tabulate them so that they are kept anonymous and people aren't tempted to manipulate player rankings to push people out of reach of certain nations. So I think the Google docs is only needed for countries. :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
mmmmm lots of tasty sales on the paradox weekend thing

time to grab some DLC perhaps?

Haly

Fitz showing his true colors by rating shitty nations highly.

Only a legitimately strong player would see merit in Manchu.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
While we're doing country rankings, remember to do player rankings. In the last thread there's an explanation of the scale we're using, so PM them in to Kab. Cloudwolf, Colkate, FACE, mleugie, Toma and Valhelm are the ones we're waiting on.

Fitz

Fitz showing his true colors by rating shitty nations highly.

Only a legitimately strong player would see merit in Manchu.

Might have rated them a bit high, haven't played outside of Europe much for quite a while, but Manchu was easy mode when I last had a game with them. Beat up your neighbours then rolfstomp Ming and their poor faction selection, take and release the 3 parts of China, form Qing etc. Winner winner chicken dinner. No doubt they're harder now that diplo-annexing costs diplo points and westernisation sucks.

For the rest, most nations deserve a 1+ imo, outside of French vassals/Albania and the like.

Haly

Come on, let's do it.

Eastern game.

Nothing above Muslim tech.

fanboi

Banned
You all have some nations to update that was removed initially but then added. The background colour is red.

So please add a rating to these as well.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
wow fanboi you are so good in between the sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom