• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S4 |OT| of not being anything like Twilight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

Quite like the story pacing in the series and REALLY enjoyed the first two seasons, but didn't think the last one was all too great...even though it had its moments.

I wonder how long they plan to keep the series going. It would be cool if at some point they just left the small-town behind and moved on to some new setting and lots of new characters while keeping the Salvatore brothers.

Pachimari

Quite like the story pacing in the series and REALLY enjoyed the first two seasons, but didn't think the last one was all too great...even though it had its moments.

I wonder how long they plan to keep the series going. It would be cool if at some point they just left the small-town behind and moved on to some new setting and lots of new characters while keeping the Salvatore brothers.

I'm not sure they'll leave Mystic Falls behind, they are on a limited budget. Also, there have been talks of 6 seasons.

New Daniel Gillies (Elijah) Video Interview with Associated Press

Nina Dobrev says Elena becoming a vampire is A Coming of Age story (video)

Pachimari

This'll be the first time I watch The Vampire Diaries through the season. I kind of marathon'ed (took me a year to watch season 1 but a month for season 2 and another month for season 3) the 3 first seasons on Blu-ray.

Pachimari

Candice Accola TV Guide Interview: Tough Times Ahead for Carolione and Tyler?

Ian Sommerhalder via TV Guide - Damon is Elena's Key to Understanding Her Transition

And a new episode still from TV Line of Connor:

ZxaQ6l.jpg

"[Connor, however, is] a legitimate threat that they’ve got to deal with,” executive producer Julie Plec tells TVLine.

"[Not only does he cause] frustration [for] our heroes because he’s good” [at what he does, but he’s also] “a tough nut to crack,” explains Plec. “Every time they think they’ve got a one-up on him, he turns the tables and gets the best of them.”

1 Day!

Pachimari

RXHsfl.jpg

But I probably have to wait until Friday.

Also if I have living outside of the US, where can I watch the show on the Internet? And is it even legal?

TheDanger

Banned
Also if I have living outside of the US, where can I watch the show on the Internet? And is it even legal?

Just torrent it or something, technically it's illegal (then again I dunno about your country) but what are you gonna do ? I torrent it and buy the seasons as soon as they release.

Fox1304

RXHsfl.jpg

But I probably have to wait until Friday.

I watch the show the next day on Hulu. ( there are ways to watch Hulu+ even though you aren't from the USA )

this guy

I just remembered
now that Elena is a vampire she will regain any lost memories, including the one where she meets Damon before meeting Stefan.
The romance/shipping aspect of the show really isn't the main draw for me, but that should be interesting.

Pachimari

We have episode names for the 4 first episodes:

Episode 1:
Growing Pains
Episode 2:
Memorial
Episode 3:
The Rager
Episode 4:
The Five

Oh, and look what I found:

YTuR9l.jpg
5AyZbl.jpg
4qykGl.jpg

*I can do avatars if people request any from these.

Pachimari

While we wait, here's Paul Wesley (Stefan) in a 'Vampire or Werewolf' game while also teaching us some Polish at Young Hollywood. Youtube link.

And here's the latest Ian Sommerhalder (Damon) had to say about Season 4:
“There is some stuff that is going to come up this season that I think fans will get a little bit of joy out of,” said Ian Somerhalder, who explained that the love triangle still has a ways to go.

I'm trying to cut out all spoilers, so here's some spoiler-free impressions of the 2 first episodes:

Zap2It:
Instead of rehashing the old I-don’t-know-how-I-feel stuff, Elena’s new “condition” leads to new problems and new connections between her and the Salvatore boys.

KSiteTV:
One thing I will definitely praise The Vampire Diaries for is it remembers its roots.

There's many more impressions out there but we shouldn't be ruined by spoilers.

--------------

Also according to TV Guide, Gold medal-winning Olympic gymnast Gabrielle Douglas will be appearing on a season four episode of The Vampire Diaries. It sounds like her cameo will be in episode seven.

--------------

Come to think of it, any Europeans here on GAF following Season 4 while it runs in US and UK? Because there seem to have been most activity in here while I sleep at night.

EDIT:
Also around 8 hours till the premiere!

EDIT 2:
I don't like double and triple-posting so I'll just keep editing this post until others participate. Here's what they just released, a portrait of Stefan Salvatore! - From honor comes salvation.

P6ad7l.jpg

EDIT 3:
Behind-the-scenes photo from tonight's premiere episode:

G3Xgil.jpg

EDIT 4:
MTV asks the Vampire Diaries cast what their respective character's (Elena, Damon, Caroline, Tyler, Matt) top 5 challenges will be heading into Season 4.

Windam

Scaley member
This is really the only thing I've been looking forward to for a while now. So excited for tonight (I hate
Elena being a vampire
though :() . :D

Pachimari

- Bound by blood.

3dOMEl.jpg

Now we just need Damon!

EDIT:

- Blood is guilt.

yduqnl.jpg

3.5 hours till the season premiere in the US.

EDIT 2:

The TV Chick has 5 things we should know about Season 4, and here's one particularly:

So many emotions: Prepare yourselves, folks. Get your tissue boxes ready. The first two episodes have some moments in them that made me tear up the way Parenthood does on a regular basis. The first two episodes of the season are some of the best storytelling of the entire series, and they contain some of the most emotionally resonant moments of the series. Don’t say I didn’t warn you properly.

Somnia

Yep the show still has it!

Really liked the way they handled Elena. The way she started remembering things was well handled and will set up future growth/drama with her and Damon now that she sees another side of him.

Also like they way they handled the "priest" or whatever, makes me curious where they are going to take them.

Damn good premiere. I was all set to be pissed if they completely undid the finale but I was glad to see they didn't. That ending...I hope there was an actual plan to that :lol I'm guessing it will tie into the witches being against Bonnie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom