• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S4 |OT| of not being anything like Twilight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somnia

Oh ya and I really enjoyed the Klaus/Rebekah scenes.

I honestly think Jeremy is the only character I don't like anymore, Matt has grown on me after last year.

Now that was a premier. So much happened, but that's par for Vampire Diaries course. All the hallmarks of the show were in full effect--the breakneck pace, somehow still delivering great character moments and leaving more questions than answers.

I love that Elena getting her memories ultimately meant nothing. She can't be with Damon because of who he is. The fact that they had a few touching "romantic" moments will never change that. He's simply too controlling and will never respect her decisions.

The Caroline/Klaus scene after he rescued her was nicely written and well executed with the whole "love" thing. I am kind of disappointed Klaus is back in his body so quickly.

The council really got an upgrade. They never struck me as being capable of the things they did.
Removing the Mayor from power and kicking the Sheriff
. The ending was awesome. No idea where it's going to lead, but I can't wait to find out.

TripOpt55

Great premiere. I was a little unsure about Elena turning when the finale happened, but I am glad they went through with it and didn't have Bonnie actually do something to undo it. Also thought her being a vampire worked this episode. Hopefully I continue to enjoy it. No idea what's going on with the priest, but that was a pretty wild ending. I also didn't expect Klaus to be back in his body so soon. Though Joseph Morgan is pretty great so that is a plus I suppose. Really good episode.

I'm just glad they didn't dick us around with Elena turning into a vampire. I was leery after seeing the previews of Bonnie doing her witch thing to bring her back, but that didn't go anywhere thankfully. I thought Dexter was going to do the same thing, dick me around for half the season with their pivotal moment, but shows are now 2/2 on doing the right thing.

Somnia

The one thing I learned about this show is it doesn't tend to dick us around, they come out swinging and don't stop.

Windam

Scaley member
Poor Rebekah. She seems to just get fucked over at every turn (though she does have it coming at times). Glad to see Klaus back in his original body but saddened by no mention or even flashback of Alaric at all. :(

Somnia

Poor Rebekah. She seems to just get fucked over at every turn (though she does have it coming at times). Glad to see Klaus back in his original body but saddened by no mention or even flashback of Alaric at all. :(

I have a feeling with the way she was watching Stefan and Elena and then what happened between her and Klaus that she is going to grow a lot this season. She has lost everything and everyone in her life, I see her changing and getting closer to the regulars.

Of course I could be way wrong and she goes insane after tonight.

arumisan

Just saw the season premiere
and what an ending!!!
Even though I knew that Stefan and Elena would probably be the couple and this episode justifies her reasoning, I still preferred Damon.

Still, great episode! Can't wait for the rest.

Pachimari

Alright. Let us know sir, it's greatly appreciated

I'm so happy about people's participation in the thread after the first episode. :)

Somnia

Alright. Let us know sir, it's greatly appreciated

I'm so happy about people's participation in the thread after the first episode. :)

One thing I learned last year is a lot more people post in TVD threads the next day so this is a great start for the thread for sure!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well, I'm glad they didn't "undo" what was done from the s3 finale... would have been ridiculously cliche and disappointing.

Pachimari

I really don't think Rebekah or even Bonnie is attractive at all. But it's a subjective matter.

Caroline is the sweet kind of girl while Katherine is nice. =)

Alright, 7 hours until I will have time to watch the premiere. Excited!

Prologue

Can't anybody explain to me what happened in the final seconds of the premier? I feel like I'm missing something.

I'm guessing pastor is using some voodoo magic or something to compete with the vamps.

Not really liking the crazy religious folk angle but we'll see how it turns out.

Elena sure went for that blood pretty quickly lol. .

Sorry about that Anastacio.

Pachimari

Fairly sure
the priest was compelled to kill himself and those others.

Thanks for hiding the spoilers. As some of us are only able to watch it a day later, like today. But of course it's okay to write spoilers in here, then us who haven't watched it yet can just come back when we have watched it. Fair game. :)

I also can't wait for it to come out on Blu-ray to add to my Vampire Diaries collection.

this guy

Those seem like good theories. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some prior character development that I had forgotten about because to me it seemed a bit out of left field. It was a good episode though.

Pachimari

I'm guessing pastor is using some voodoo magic or something to compete with the vamps.

Not really liking the crazy religious folk angle but we'll see how it turns out.

Elena sure went for that blood pretty quickly lol. .

Sorry about that Anastacio.

Don't apologize. I just appreciate that the spoilers were hidden but it's very okay if you don't hide it. It's fair game, as it has already been on American TV. :)

EDIT:
New promo picture of Caroline, Tyler and Klaus.

vSfZAl.jpg

EDIT 2:
And here's a Video Preview of Episode 2.

"Vampire Diaries" Cast Spills on Season 4 (Youtube)

They have released stills for Episode 4 today but I won't post them here. Though, I will post stills from Episode 1: Growing Pains later, as it has already aired.

I'm 16 episodes into season 2 and I've got to say a lot of the characters are complete shits. Damon is obviously a psychopath and when he kills innocent people the others treat it as another of his quirky hijinks. It is also pretty alarming how eagerly the other characters will cross the line to further their own goals, all of this is done before justifying it to themselves using their warped perception of morality.

Before those warlocks were killed (this is obviously in season 2) I wanted them to go ape shit on the main cast. Also, the actress playing Elena/Katherine is one-dimensional and boring.

Can't anybody explain to me what happened in the final seconds of the premier? I feel like I'm missing something.

I'm thinking
he was either compelled(a little less likely imo as he didn't seem to leave the house ever) or it's going to involve the witches somehow. The witches are now mad at Bonnie on the other side and the priest then says something about seeing them on the other side. I'm guessing he is using some black magic or something and it will just tie in with the witches.

Pachimari

Episode 2: "Memorial" Quick Summary:

A NEW DANGER COMES TO TOWN — Elena tries to cope with the extreme highs and lows that are part of becoming a vampire, and Stefan and Damon almost come to blows while arguing about what is best for her. Damon decides to help Elena in his own way and asks her not to tell Stefan. A stranger, Connor Jordan, arrives in town and begins questioning Sheriff Forbes and Carol Lockwood. Connor’s actions quickly convince Stefan that they are dealing with a dangerous vampire hunter. Jeremy and Matt are surprised to see a girl they used to know, April, has returned to town and is enrolling at Mystic Falls High. At a town gathering, Elena comes close to losing control until Caroline steps in to help her. Finally, Damon confides his feelings to an unexpected friend.

Episode 2: "Memorial" Synopsis:

A NEW DANGER COMES TO TOWN — Elena tries to cope with the extreme highs and lows that are part of becoming a vampire, and Stefan and Damon almost come to blows while arguing about what is best for her. Damon decides to help Elena in his own way and asks her not to tell Stefan. A stranger, Connor Jordan, arrives in town and begins questioning Sheriff Forbes and Carol Lockwood. Connor’s actions quickly convince Stefan that they are dealing with a dangerous vampire hunter. Jeremy and Matt are surprised to see a girl they used to know, April, has returned to town and is enrolling at Mystic Falls High. At a town gathering, Elena comes close to losing control until Caroline steps in to help her. Finally, Damon confides his feelings to an unexpected friend.

Damn, that is a little more than a synopsis. :lol That's pretty much a quick summary of the episode.

Pachimari

Damn, that is a little more than a synopsis. :lol That's pretty much a quick summary of the episode.

Oh, I haven't read it myself as I haven't watched Episode 1 yet, they just said it was a summary so I figured it was.

I'm updating the OP a little bit.

EDIT:

OP have been updated with Next Episode as well as all the art for the cast!

arumisan

I'm thinking
he was either compelled(a little less likely imo as he didn't seem to leave the house ever) or it's going to involve the witches somehow. The witches are now mad at Bonnie on the other side and the priest then says something about seeing them on the other side. I'm guessing he is using some black magic or something and it will just tie in with the witches.

I think I agree with you that it's more likely something to do with the witches, or turning into ghosts can further their vampire hunting - he was meaning "the other side" or something.

I think I agree with you that it's more likely something to do with the witches, or turning into ghosts can further their vampire hunting - he was meaning "the other side" or something.

Ghost thing could work too. Could definitely keep Jeremy relevant. I just lean more to the witches with all the talk of "the other side" the whole episode and then the priest mentions it at the end.

So have we ever had explained how exactly the doppelganger works? Is there supposed to be another one at some point now? It's kind of weird for it to be gone now when it was the focal point of pretty much all conflicts on the show.

Pachimari

Just saw the premiere. It was a really great start without being fantastic. I'm surprised Klaus is back in his body so soon and maybe if were a little bit too fast paced, as I want more of transitional Elena were everything is heightened and everything is new but she already got a day ring.

I liked the witches on the other side and the council being powerful, also Damon back to being himself. :)

Also I'm starting to miss Katherine.

I'm thinking they put Klaus back in his body so fast to sort of curb the originals story line for a bit. There isn't really much they can do with them that they haven't done already. Same reason I think they dealt with the blood situation with Rebekah destroying it. If they're going to be put on the back burner for a while there's no real reason to add the extra wrinkle of him being in Tyler's body still.

I'll be glad if they aren't around for a while. The storyline was kind of getting stale. Rebekah is fine as she really didn't have much of a plan she was trying to fulfill, but the whole "kill the originals"/"Don't kill them" was getting old.

Somnia

Early ratings are in. These could go up or down a little tomorrow I'll update then.

3.5 million viewers with a rating of 2.1/3.

Pachimari

I haven't read any of these myself but these articles were published after the season premiere.

Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Explosive Premiere Cliffhanger and More! (My advice: Don't read, it's kind of spoilery).

Vampire Diaries Boss Answers Premiere Burning Questions (probably spoilers)

The Vampire Diaries’ premiere recap: Plus, your burning Season 4 questions answered by Julie Plec

Vampire Diaries: 10 Things We Are Dying to Love about Season 4

OP updated with viewer numbers.

Wait. Season 3 Episode 1 had 3.10 million viewers. Is that 3.010.000? I mean 3.5 million should be less and that's 3.500.000.

Somnia

I haven't read any of these myself but these articles were published after the season premiere.

Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Explosive Premiere Cliffhanger and More! (My advice: Don't read, it's kind of spoilery).

Vampire Diaries Boss Answers Premiere Burning Questions (probably spoilers)

The Vampire Diaries’ premiere recap: Plus, your burning Season 4 questions answered by Julie Plec

Vampire Diaries: 10 Things We Are Dying to Love about Season 4

OP updated with viewer numbers.

Wait. Season 3 Episode 1 had 3.10 million viewers. Is that 3.010.000? I mean 3.5 million should be less and that's 3.500.000.

Ya 3,500,000... 3.1 would be 3,100,000. So a gain of 400,000 vs last year.

Kyoufu

Yeah I know. But they started to edge away from that in season 3. With recent events I can see that continuing.

Not holding my breath. Hopes crushed when she
told Stefan she chose him and that it was the best choice she has ever made

Oh well at least Damon is dating her IRL.

Somnia

I always imagine that must make things strange on set between shoots.

Well Paul's (Stefans) wife is Dr. Meredith Fell, so it's a big circle on that show. They've commented on it before in an interview I read and reports out there are they are all very close friends IRL.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Not holding my breath. Hopes crushed when she
told Stefan she chose him and that it was the best choice she has ever made

Oh well at least Damon is dating her IRL.

If there's anything to be learned from watching this show, it's that nothing is ever certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom