• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch troll tries to donate $50k then chargeback as a prank. It ends bad.

Venom Fox

Banned
Guy literally got what he deserved. If anyone wants to ask me why I think that.

My answer is:

Making someone feel really excited, possibly the happiest they've been in years then watching them thank the donating person over and over in excitement, telling their viewers how they are extatic and how it will change their lives.

Then all of a sudden the donating person says "nah mate" and refunds the money probably rubbing his fat little hands together laughing at the distress he is now causing is sick. It's the lowest of the low to enjoy watching people feel (be) depressed because when something like that happens and it all gets taken off you, the only thing you can do is feel depressed.

To some people 5k+ is a life changing amount of money. Especially people who do twitch streams for a living and could buy more camera equipment, promote their stream better and buy better editing software that would help boost their income.

People have also said "what about if the donating person kills himself"?

It's his own fault for trying to cause someone to become depressed and enjoying watching someone fall to pieces live on camera. It's sick and I'm glad he had to pay. Fuck him.

Edit: Shit like this can ruin people's streams. There's people who have spent the money and it's been refunded by PayPal AFTER they've spent it and their stream has had to be shut down because of it.

Would you just walk into a store and tell the manager the sale Assistant just sexually harassed you just to get him sacked for the "fun" of it? No.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
He had access to 50k. That implies more than enough about his status. A payment plan to get through that probably doesn't put too much of a ding in the finances of a family that lets their kids play around with that kind of money.

You can have access to credit cards without limits without being super wealthy. I know people who have access to them due to needing to be able to purchase expensive equipment in emergencies. None of this applies though as he is neither a.) a kid or b.) poor, so fuck him.

Shes a girl streamer so there is already some that instantly don't like her.

Oh ok I see, odd...... really odd.

But what is it with these crazy amounts of money for donations anyway? Not necessarily talking about this 18 year old dude, but in general. I just saw the picture of all the amounts of money some streamers get. Why? For what?

Megatron

My answer is:

Making someone feel really excited, possibly the happiest they've been in years then watching them thank the donating person over and over in excitement, telling their viewers how they are extatic and how it will change their lives.

Then all of a sudden the donating person says "nah mate" and refunds the money probably rubbing his fat little hands together laughing at the distress he is now causing is sick. It's the lowest of the low to enjoy watching people feel (be) depressed because when something like that happens and it all gets taken off you, the only thing you can do is feel depressed.

To some people 5k+ is a life changing amount of money. Especially people who do twitch streams for a living and could buy more camera equipment, promote their stream better and buy better editing software that would help boost their income.

It's his own fault for trying to cause someone to become depressed and enjoying watching someone fall to pieces live on camera. It's sick and I'm glad he had to pay. Fuck him.

Edit: Shit like this can ruin people's streams. There's people who have spent the money and it's been refunded by PayPal AFTER they've spent it and their stream has had to be shut down because of it.

Would you just walk into a store and tell the manager the sale Assistant just sexually harassed you just to get him sacked for the "fun" of it? No.

Fat people are evil, confirmed.

There are legitimate reasons why you might need to withdraw a payment for something.

But for assholes like this, the only way to stop them is to show that you won't actually be able to prank people and you will be the one losing out.

Bravo PP

Apathy

But what is it with these crazy amounts of money for donations anyway? Not necessarily talking about this 18 year old dude, but in general. I just saw the picture of all the amounts of money some streamers get. Why? For what?

I remember reading a while back (a year or two ago) about rich middle eastern (usually from Saudi Arabia or UAE) kids that would properly donate big to their favorite streamers. For some people, that kind of money is not extravagant, and we live in such a connected world that streamers have to have fans that are super wealthy

Apathy

...yup, it's exactly because she's a girl

Come on

Then why bring up that she got some good fortune and then go ugg, like it somehow affects you that something good happened to her. You don't like a streamer, that's fine, no need to go around saying stuff like that. I don't like her either, you don't hear me going "ugh why did she have to get money from this jackass"

T.O.P

Banned
Then why bring up that she got some good fortune and then go ugg, like it somehow affects you that something good happened to her. You don't like a streamer, that's fine, no need to go around saying stuff like that. I don't like her either, you don't hear me going "ugh why did she have to get money from this jackass"
???

Why do you care what do I think?

TalonJH

To help explain to some people that may not understand how bad this can fuck the victim.

When you receive a Twitch donation into your PayPal account it's a good practice to leave the money for a while before withdrawing it or transferring because of troll chargebacks.

This kid waited a month to make it seem like the donation was real knowing this. If the streamer withdrew/transferred the money before Paypal received the chargeback, Paypal tries to withdraw the money from the streamer to refund the donator. If the money isn't there, they lock the Paypal account of the streamer until the streamer pays back the balance. The donator in most cases receives their money back even if the streamer doesn't have the money to pay the balance.

Think of it as if you received your paycheck from work and paid your rent with it and then your job asked for the money back. These "pranks" can really fuck someone.

I feel bad for the parents but the kid got what he deserved. It's more than just an "emotional" troll. Paypal made the right choice.

Venom Fox

Banned
To help explain to some people that may not understand how bad this can fuck the victim.

When you receive a Twitch donation into your PayPal account it's a good practice to leave the money for a while before withdrawing it or transferring because of troll chargebacks.

This kid waited a month to make it seem like the donation was real knowing this. If the streamer withdrew/transferred the money before Paypal received the chargeback, Paypal tries to withdraw the money from the streamer to refund the donator. If the money isn't there, they lock the Paypal account of the streamer until the streamer pays back the balance. The donator in most cases receives their money back even if the streamer doesn't have the money to pay the balance.

Think of it as if you received your paycheck from work and paid your rent with it and then your job asked for the money back. These "pranks" can really fuck someone.

I feel bad for the parents but the kid got what he deserved.
Basically what I was saying. It can ruin people's life's and destroy their lives in three process. Guy should have his PayPal closed so he can't attempt it ever again.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk

Well, she in particular is a well known Twitch whore who commonly has "accidents" on stream revealing body parts. Most recently she was banned for a month for showing her vag on camera. Anybody else would likely be banned for life but she has special privileges because she's a popular streamer, dates an even more popular streamer, and brings Twitch revenue.

What a spoiled little shit. I hope we hear an update that his parents actually decided to parent him and took away all of his money/credit cards.

TalonJH

Basically what I was saying. It can ruin people's life's and destroy their lives in three process. Guy should have his PayPal closed so he can't attempt it ever again.

Exactly. If he would have immediately charged back the money, he would had just been a dick/asshole. Waiting a month for people to deposit the money is almost criminal because it can actually cause harm.

Fuck this guy, no sympathy. PayPal absolutely made the right decision. Maybe this will teach him the value of an agreed upon financial transaction. Charge backs aren't there for your personal little trolling tool. This could seriously fuck over some innocent people(donation receivers) who could wind up in debt.

Nokterian

Fuck this guy, no sympathy. PayPal absolutely made the right decision. Maybe this will teach him the value of an agreed upon financial transaction. Charge backs aren't there for your personal little trolling tool. This could seriously fuck over some innocent people(donation receivers) who could wind up in debt.

My thoughts exactly get fucked i say and those streamers are happy now and he is a dumb fuck.

KC Denton

???

Why do you care what do I think?
Well you decided at some point that what you thought was important enough that you made a post expressing it, so there will be people who care about what you posted and respond accordingly. If you didn't want that to happen, then next time don't post.

malfcn

I'm assuming it's, www.twitch.tv/nosleeptv . I know the other 3 streamers listed in the description, and they all make bank, especially Soda (he makes a fuck ton).

43064-DEFAULT-L_6.jpg

Being a goalie, it was the first thing that stuck out.

Well that idiot deserves it.

Cant understand anyway why some people throw money out of the window for some streamers beggar jar.

WaterAstro

Never attempt chargeback fraud on big streamers.

Streamers who have been doing it for a while will probably have a good record of disputing chargebacks and winning by providing good evidence. This record reflects on their future disputes and could give them an automatic win with the chargeback dispute. Paypal usually sides with the person doing the chargeback, but not against merchants with good standing.

wow could this board be anymore cruel? "got what he deserved!" 3 months from now this kid kills himself, or his parents are forced to pay this off

the only idiot is the girl that is clearly old enough to know those are not real donations but she starts dancing around ... yeah she should get the money because she worked so hard to earn it now lets ruin some kids life over this to teach him a lesson!!!

I'm glad that post got you what you deserved.

eloxx

Well that idiot deserves it.

Cant understand anyway why some people throw money out of the window for some streamers beggar jar.

Well deserved, yes. Although small donations are not just "thrown out the window". You directly support the streamer and their ability to produce new content. It can be a full time job after all.

Well deserved, yes. Although small donations are not just "thrown out the window". You directly support the streamer and their ability to produce new content. It can be a full time job after all.
I can understand like $5 or $10 donations but some crazy people donate like every week hundreds of dollars to some streamer just to feel special and get a shootout.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I love it when trolls own themselves.

OmegaFax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St_XlIrVDQ8

and treats twitch like myfreecams but yeah the gender is the issue.

Disgusting.

I didn't know how this didn't get posted sooner in the thread after the streamer's handle was posted. Doesn't vindicate the donators who try to do chargebacks but can't speak to Twitch and their policies either. Apparently, she was banned for a month for a recent incident.

There's another one where she flashes her lady parts while it looked like she was drunk and like another half dozen wardrobe mishaps. Do not know if that's her schtick. Haven't heard of her before this thread.

Vibranium

Banned
Seems like he's a rich guy, so he learned a lesson. Although if he's bragging about making the payments, seems like there is some parenting problems there.

Scipio

Completely unfair if he can't get it back. No credit lender should allow this kind of payments repeatedly without freezing the account.

Scipio

My answer is:

Come on man, the kid is underage and just an internet troll with a lot of money. Let's not exaggerate what he's done.

Well, she in particular is a well known Twitch whore who commonly has "accidents" on stream revealing body parts. Most recently she was banned for a month for showing her vag on camera. Anybody else would likely be banned for life but she has special privileges because she's a popular streamer, dates an even more popular streamer, and brings Twitch revenue.
me as a twitch streamer

GiantWaffle said his company and lawyer set N3rdfusion up where donations can't be charged back. Not sure what they did. I see some streamers with a no refund disclaimer.

Venom Fox

Banned
Come on man, the kid is underage and just an internet troll with a lot of money. Let's not exaggerate what he's done.
He's 18 isn't he? It was mentioned a page or two back. I'm not exaggerating anything. What I think he tried to do is cruel and he deserves whatever he gets.

Obviously I don't wish he kills himself. He hasn't committed murder, that'd just make me a pathetic person.

Top Bottom