• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Juanpablo banned? Can't say I'll be shedding any tears :lol

Pogba is class. Nice of him to own up to his mistake.

Zabojnik said:
Conte: " ... ovviamente devono essere forti come Marchisio, De Ceglie e Giovinco, non e' che possiamo portare in prima squadra delle pippe. [smiles]"

I understood everything but the bolded! What does it mean!?

<3 Conte. So if he's our SAF... do we get Cunte time?

Messi

Apparently Ballesteros punched Pepe last night after the game haha

tumblr_m5zoggDRnc1qzblrv.gif

Tell me more about how people attacked pepe. I wonder how it feels to have the shoe on the other foot.

Meier

No Stuart Holden?

He's had some injury issues which have kept him from playing for the team for some time. Not sure what Klinsmann thinks about him TBH. There are a few younger, less established players in the squad this time. Mix Diskerud, Joshua Gatt and Joe Gyau all have 0 caps thus far.

Jonny Evans murdered Stuart Holdens knees.

NDJ broke his leg previously as well. He's had some difficult luck.

Zabojnik

I understood everything but the bolded! What does it mean!?

The literal translation would be 'jerkoffs', it's slang for terrible/inept players. Well, not just for players, for anyone being awful at something.

Study hard, pulga. Together we can conquer the italian language!

pulga

Banned
The literal translation would be 'jerkoffs', it's slang for terrible/inept players. Well, not just for players, for anyone being awful at something.

Study hard, pulga. Together we can conquer the italian language!

So...why do we keep Matri? :(

I've been off my lessons for a month now, haven't had the time, but I think I'm going to continue at it with Rosetta Stone! By now what I need is to hear the language everyday, so I can start speaking it and learning all the little everyday intricacies.

Hixx

He's had some injury issues which have kept him from playing for the team for some time. Not sure what Klinsmann thinks about him TBH. There are a few younger, less established players in the squad this time. Mix Diskerud, Joshua Gatt and Joe Gyau all have 0 caps thus far.

NDJ broke his leg previously as well. He's had some difficult luck.

Also some Newcastle fans beat him to a pulp just cos they found out he played for Sunderland , collapsed his eye socket!

Here is the USMNT squad for the friendly versus Russia:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (6): Carlos Bocanegra (Racing Santander), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Nuremberg), Maurice Edu (Stoke City), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Michael Bradley (Roma), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Joshua Gatt (Molde), Joe Gyau (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim)
FORWARDS (4): Juan Agudelo (Chivas USA), Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Herculez Gomez (Santos Laguna)

No Donovan or Dempsey.. oh dear. Jozy has been huge for AZ this season -- be curious to see if he can translate that into a goal for the MNT.

No Guzan either.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
So...why do we keep Matri? :(

I've been off my lessons for a month now, haven't had the time, but I think I'm going to continue at it with Rosetta Stone! By now what I need is to hear the language everyday, so I can start speaking it and learning all the little everyday intricacies.

You're a despicable glory hunter with all the teams you support

lulz-1.gif

pulga

Banned
You're a despicable glory hunter with all the teams you support

lulz-1.gif

lol fuck off, ask elsk, our local team is hardly the biggest or most winning team in the country :(

And what the fuck did that have to do with the topic?!

Edit: I still need an English and German team though! To offset recent Juve and RMadrid glory, what team should I side with that will bring me maximum pain, tears and disappointment?

spidye

lol fuck off, ask elsk, our local team is hardly the biggest or most winning team in the country :(

Edit: I still need an English and German team though! To offset recent Juve and RMadrid glory, what team should I side with that will bring me maximum pain, tears and disappointment?

Bayern. period

Hixx

sunderland.gif

Meier

Speaking of Holden, here is the most recent news (from 2 days ago):

Bolton Wanderers fans have received a bit of good news with an announcement that Stuart Holden is very close to a training return for the Whites. According to the Bolton News, Stu Holden is just two weeks away from making a return to training with the full team, albeit to light training.

Until now, Holden has been forced to train with the other injured players in the gym and continued physical therapy.

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/20...ck-trail-bolton-wanderers-united-states-usmnt

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Hmm I liked GTAIV and I passed it. Still havnt passed ballad of gay tony so I need to do that before V drops.

RDR was way too fucking long. Need to pick it up again so I can finish undead nightmare though that was awesome

pulga said:
ol fuck off, ask elsk, our local team is hardly the biggest or most winning team in the country :(

Arsenal. I'm leaning towards Liverpool myself. In Germany Dortmund won my heart after they kicked your asses twice lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Long interview with Buffon, best bit for BAAAYEEEERN-GAF:

"I like Karim Benzema and Franck Ribery to death, but they can do even better. For me, they have the qualities and the potential to reach the level of Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.&#8221;

elsk and Fry redeemed.

pulga

Banned

"I like Karim Benzema and Franck Ribery to death, but they can do even better. For me, they have the qualities and the potential to reach the level of Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.”

At least he didn't say Robben > Cristiano.

Wilbur

Banned

"I like Karim Benzema and Franck Ribery to death, but they can do even better. For me, they have the qualities and the potential to reach the level of Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.”

elsk and Fry redeemed.

Fry thinks Tymoschuk is better than Messi and Ronaldo

faridmon

Sean Johnson trained with Everton back at the end of last year for a week. I wonder if they'll try and sign him in a few years and keep an American between the sticks.

I don't think so. Yes, we are trying to esablish an American base in our team, but I don't think Jhonson is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom