• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Carbonox

Pardeaux, surely!

Alain Gerard de Pardeaux

zizxrUt.jpg

What has happened to M'Villa and Sneijder in the last 12 months?

They were linked with high profile moves to big European clubs, and now one is headed to Turkey whereas the other has the option between Russia and QPR

Rafa :lol
Marco Materazzi’s recollections of his time at Inter have caused trouble, as Rafa Benitez labelled him “a liar” and the defender accused Zlatan Ibrahimovic of “insulting” his teammates.

The 2006 World Cup winner also starred in Inter’s historic Treble in 2010, but claimed Benitez felt the pressure of replacing Jose Mourinho that summer.

“He is not my ideal Coach. If I was a club president, I'd never employ him,” Materazzi told France Football.

“A great boss like Marcello Lippi or Mourinho knows how to get their demands across to a dressing room whereas Benitez, he wanted to put them all in writing, 10 or 12 rules - like the Highway Code, or being at school!

“At Inter's training centre, there were photos on the wall of all the most successful past Coaches, from Helenio Herrera to Roberto Mancini and Mourinho. Benitez had the ones of Jose taken down. With that gesture, he showed his character: that of a weak person.”

Matrix also said that he declared “damn you for leaving me with Benitez!” on Mourinho’s last day at Inter.

Materazzi has repeatedly criticised Benitez, taking to Twitter after Chelsea’s Club World Cup Final to say his Inter “won without a Coach” in December 2010.

Benitez has now hit back and slammed Matrix in a Press conference on Wednesday.

“He's lying. Marco Materazzi's lying. He's lying. Just lying. Everything he said is a lie. Everything that he talked about me, the things that he said about me, when he was talking with Jose Mourinho, is a lie because nobody knew that I was going to Inter - even me. He's a liar. About the pictures, he's lying, so he's a liar.”

Meanwhile, Materazzi also criticised Ibrahimovic for his time at San Siro, telling France Football their rapport was tense.

“When he arrived at Inter, we got on well, then something changed. There’s no doubt he is a phenomenal player, one of the five best in the world. But one is truly great when putting himself at the disposal of the squad...

“As far as Ibrahimovic is concerned, it’s never his fault. That is a weak point in his character. Ibra often insulted his teammates, it happened constantly. Things come easily to him and he won’t stand for the others making mistakes. He can’t behave like that.”

rvy

Banned
"He's lying. Marco Materazzi's lying. He's lying. Just lying. Everything he said is a lie. Everything that he talked about me, the things that he said about me, when he was talking with Jose Mourinho, is a lie because nobody knew that I was going to Inter - even me. He's a liar. About the pictures, he's lying, so he's a liar."

vinniegbaqa.gif

Materazzi: "At Inter's training centre, there were photos of all the most successful past coaches. Benitez had the ones of Jose taken down."

:lol

Oh Rafa.

Yen

Just finished the Walking Dead ep 3. My feels took a big hit when
Lee found Clementines drawing of Kenny, Katjaa and Duck

Top Bottom