• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma PS3. "exclusively for the PlayStation 3 next Spring"

ypo

:lol I commented on Xbox360 sales? Maybe I did and I had forgotten about it. If that is the case I can assure you it would not have been out of concern but laughter. Sorry but we are not alike, I can be honest with myself.

Oh yea good thing you brought up the Xbox360.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I commented on Xbox360 sales? Maybe I did and I had forgotten about it. If that is the case I can assure you it would not have been out of concern but laughter. Sorry but we are not alike, I can be honest with myself.

i'm glad you are the big expert on me <3 <3 <3

do you want to go out on a date ?

ypo

Of couse I am. You are teh unbiased and you want to bring balance to the gaming world by only bitching about anything Sony related and damage controlling everything MS. See that was easy.

:lol

Back to the topic. NG PS3 huh..

DCharlie

Of couse I am. You are teh unbiased and you want to bring balance to the gaming world by only bitching about anything Sony related and damage controlling everything MS. See that was easy.

yes, that's pretty much every post i've ever posted right there. Shucks , you got me. It's a fair cop.

it's a good job i've got you to cancel me out and keep putting me in my place. thanks once again for the amazing service.

ypo

No problem. Yea it's good thing my bias cancels out your complete objectivity. What a balance!! I say WOW!!!

DCharlie

No problem. Yea it's good thing my bias cancels out your complete objectivity. What a balance!! I say WOW!!!

okay - so how about you stop hidding behind your usual horse shit and try and tell me what you think of the Japanese launch line up?

Heh, maybe the japanese don't care that i care - but i'm curious what offends you about the statement - all i can assume is that you think that line up is good enough for a japanese audience? hell, maybe it is !

Bebpo

Banned
DCharlie said:
okay - so how about you stop hidding behind your usual horse shit and try and tell me what you think of the Japanese launch line up?

Heh, maybe the japanese don't care that i care - but i'm curious what offends you about the statement - all i can assume is that you think that line up is good enough for a japanese audience? hell, maybe it is !

Ok, I'll come in and tell you why the Japanese don't care about that line up.

1. They have RR7 that'll hold 'em like the PS launch with RR did.
2. There's only 100k, who cares what's out, nobodies buying them
3. Armored Core 4 in Dec + other stuff around Dec/Jan = when systems are in stores there is at least a few things to play.

ypo

Hiding behind horse shit? You sure that you weren't talking about yourself? You were genuinely concerned about possible bad PS3 launch sales in Japan? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Anyway, I'm not a Japanese and don't have the ability to speak for whole population of people and I don't care what other people like or don't like. I do remember those wacky Japanese bought hundreds of thousands copies of what essentially a GT4 demo, but really I don't pretend to know their taste.

DCharlie

You were genuinely concerned about possible bad PS3 launch sales in Japan?

can you read? i was questioning what games at launch were going to appeal to the Japanese - i didn't say anything about sales, the PS3 will sell out regardless.

Anyway, I'm not a Japanese and don't have the ability to speak for whole population of people and I don't care what other people like or don't like. I do remember those wacky Japanese bought hundreds of thousands copies of what essentially a GT4 demo, but really I don't pretend to know their taste.

lol - so everyone else should have no opinion on the launch... or just me?

jesus , what an arsehole

ypo

So what are you saying? That the Japanese's going to spend $600+ on something that they have no interest in? :lol

"jesus , what an arsehole"

Please don't cry. I hate watching grown men weep.

DCharlie

So what are you saying? That the Japanese's going to spend $600+ on something that they have no interest in?

no - i'm saying that the line up of games at launch don't look that great for the japanese. The choice to buy the machine at launch is based on way more than just the launch games.

FredFish

i'm saying that the line up of games at launch don't look that great for the japanese.

No horse racing, train sims or pachi-slots. Weak indeed :D

P.S. dc shouldn't you be watching your blood pressure for at least a few more days? ;)

ypo said:
Hiding behind horse shit? You sure that you weren't talking about yourself? You were genuinely concerned about possible bad PS3 launch sales in Japan? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Calm down son - you don't wanna get banned before the real TGS fireworks start

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Mrbob said:
Well at least this news makes up for the piss poor MS Japan conference.
Depends on what the remake/port looks like. If it's just the exact same thing running in 720p, that's pretty weak. I'll take it as I never got a chance to fully play the game (gotta catch up on DMC3 too!), but in general that's not that exciting for most people. If they improve visuals all around, and add some levels and new characters, that's fine.

Actually this news perhaps holds more weight for the future (as in PS platform(s) will likely be finally getting future Team Ninja games now) than it does on it's own.

DCharlie

I'm pointing out why they don't "have" to care about that lineup because it doesn't matter at all

yup , i totally agree with what you are saying - just , well, a little disappointed with the initial line up in terms of japanese content - although might be entirely irrelevant if we can confirm PS3 is region free to tide us over until AC4 :)

Depends on what the remake/port looks like. If it's just the exact same thing running in 720p, that's pretty weak.

i'm hoping for a bump up - i want to see what Itagaki can get out of the PS3, so i'm hoping they are really overhawling the engine to take advantage of whats there.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So basically this is just Ninja Gaiden, rereleased again, with Rachel playable? Should we expect to see Ninja Gaiden: Sigma Beta Kappa on the 360 later on with Ayane joining the mix? Or is this Team Ninja saying "yeah, we're going to put out DOAX2 on 360, but after that, it's back to Sony...look forward to Dead Or Alive 4 Hard*Core on PS3 soon"?

DCharlie

Or is this Team Ninja saying "yeah, we're going to put out DOAX2 on 360, but after that, it's back to Sony...look forward to Dead Or Alive 4 Hard*Core on PS3 soon"?

i think it's going to happen to most teams - i think most people have clicked that just throwing weight behind one console this time is a bit of a losing game, unless of course you have a beneficial relationship with one of the console manufacturers i guess.

I could imagine Tecmo wanting to take their games multiplatform for sure.

Lyte Edge said:
So basically this is just Ninja Gaiden, rereleased again, with Rachel playable? Should we expect to see Ninja Gaiden: Sigma Beta Kappa on the 360 later on with Ayane joining the mix? Or is this Team Ninja saying "yeah, we're going to put out DOAX2 on 360, but after that, it's back to Sony...look forward to Dead Or Alive 4 Hard*Core on PS3 soon"?

Itagaki said that if there was demand for his games on the PS3 that he'd make more games on it. I think this is just a test for him. And i'm almost certain that PS3 fans are going to be rushing for a remake of NG instead of picking up DMC4 and Heavenly Sword.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
Lighten up guys, its obviously a joke :)

I am not sticking up for Itagaki either, a man as cool as him doesnt need it.

That was another un-funny joke too. I am in a hilarious mood after getting the jist of the MS conference. They sure are serious about japan !.

Shapingo said:
he is joking, someone said mgs4 was a souped up ps2 game

mgs4soupzf9.jpg

SolidSnakex said:
Itagaki said that if there was demand for his games on the PS3 that he'd make more games on it. I think this is just a test for him. And i'm almost certain that PS3 fans are going to be rushing for a remake of NG instead of picking up DMC4 and Heavenly Sword.

Yea seriously. Why the hell they went with this over DOAX2 the world will never know.

Amir0x

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
Wow talk about a kick to the nuts to MS.

Then again I was too big a pussy to play that game, seriously it was WTF hard

PS3 version has an exclusive "Even pussier than Ninja Dog" mode

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
If this is true.. then it is a Tecmo-port of the old game and not something that Team Ninja is behind..

Team Ninja are already up to their neck with 360-related work...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Well well...

It better be something Tecmo is doing themselves, and not Team Ninja, since they have enough 360 projects as is, not to mention that it would slow everything else down...

It better not mess up NG2 for the 360 either, I want a built-from-the-ground-up-on-360 NG2 with no distractions vs a built-from-the-ground-up-on-PS3 DMC4 battle damnit!

Exclusives show your talent, and I'm always for exclusives...

Oh well, what can I say, atleast the people who were too stubborn to try Ninja Gaiden Black can now "like" it, and see how it's the most badass action out there - period.

Top Bottom