• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma PS3. "exclusively for the PlayStation 3 next Spring"

Lyte Edge said:
So basically this is just Ninja Gaiden, rereleased again, with Rachel playable? Should we expect to see Ninja Gaiden: Sigma Beta Kappa on the 360 later on with Ayane joining the mix? Or is this Team Ninja saying "yeah, we're going to put out DOAX2 on 360, but after that, it's back to Sony...look forward to Dead Or Alive 4 Hard*Core on PS3 soon"?

Ninja Gaiden: Frat Party

Dreamcast 2 bitches

Luckyman

Banned
I doubt Itagaki would let anyone else mess with his baby..

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)

- No release date yet
- This is considered the "complete edition" of Ninja Gaiden
- Racheal is playable
- New stages, battle engine will be improved and upgraded
- Graphics and direction is going for a major overhaul
- New weapons, dual katana wielding

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
*scratches head*

business-wise, i totally get it, Tecmo see DMC3 sales and think 'dayum, we want some of that action', they'll probably release when PS3 supply has stabalised and make a fortune...but why some RE4 like port of NG?

Only thing i can think of is that they want PS3 fans to play the first game so that they can sell NG2 on both platforms.

It'll suck if Itagaki is making it though, he needs to get his bony ass working on the proper sequel, i dont wanna wait 4 more years for it.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Team Ninja/Itagaki isn't doing this port.

solarplexus said:
It looks like Itagaki-san has nothing to do with the PS3 version.
solarplexus said:
Ninja Gaiden PS3.

It seems like the producer is Egawa-san and the director Hayashi-san?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It will be interesting to see if Tecmo finally goes for normal mapping and a more realistic tone. DOA4 still look weak because of the doll-girl approach, but a high res port of NG with a few per pixel tweaks would be something to behold.

yamaneko

Capsule Gang said:
AHHH!!! IT'S BACK AND IT'S ANGRY FOR ALL THE JOKES AT SONY'S EXPENSE!!!!
redmondrevenge.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Yoboman

jj984jj said:
Team Ninja/Itagaki isn't doing this port.
Where'd he get that information from? I seriously doubt Itagaki would let anything but a straight port go through another developer

Elios83

SolidSnakex said:
Are you sure? Egawa (if its Yasuo) has worked on previous Team Ninja games.

Producer is Yasuo Egawa, director is Herr Hayashi, both members of Team Ninja reports Gamefront.

jjasper

Nice news to wake up to, but if it is just a last gen port that would be dissapointing. Since I have never played black just the original I will definately get it though.

Well this is a bit of a drag. I guess I'll have to wait for NG2 for playable Rachel.

The highpoint of course will be all of the weenies making threads complaining about how Ninja Gaiden is too hard. Seriously you guys already beat DMC3 on very hard right? Ninja Gaiden should be a walk in the park then.

Drek

Going by Itagaki's recent comments about not wanting to leave fans out in the cold, I'm guessing that this is a build up to multiplatform NG2. NG:S is an ideal opportunity to make a PS3 graphics engine without as much of the hassle that would come with designing a new game.

Just setting the stage for Team Ninja's multiplatform future. I can't wait to hear Itagaki bitching when Virtua Figther 5 on ps3 outsells DOA cross platform.

I'll laugh even harder when Tekken does it, 'cause then he'll have a viable complaint.

Yoboman

SolidSnakex said:
Probably HD.

Sony's looking pretty good on the action game front though

Heavenly Sword
GoW3
DMC4
NGS
And I thought the GoW, DMC fanboy rivalry was something to contend with. PS3 is looking insanely good on this front :D

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
oh man sony fans get to play an xbox game from 2 years ago

console wars over total

kekekeke where is your god now xbots?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
- Graphics and direction is going for a major overhaul
This sound promising. If they actually upgrade models and textures, and use per-pixel and dynamic lighting that will be fine. They will after all be competing against DMC4 for sales with this so they should put some effort wherever they can.

DenogginizerOS said:
I think the likelihood of NG2 on PS3 is the same as the likelihood of DMC4 on X360. ;)
Yesterday, I would say yes, but not so sure anymore. This NG release smells a lot like they want to make NG2 multiplatform, so they want to have first game on PS3 too, to introduce people to the series. There's probably going to be X360 timed exclusivity though, Itagaki's comment alluded to that..

szaromir said:
Was the game really rendering at that res? Most widescreen games would just use 640 horizontal res, and change the aspect ratio accordingly.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Marconelly said:
This sound promising. If they actually upgrade models and textures, and use per-pixel and dynamic lighting that will be fine. They will after all be competing against DMC4 for sales with this so they should put some effort wherever they can.

Yesterday, I would say yes, but not so sure anymore. This NG release smells a lot like they want to make NG2 multiplatform, so they want to have first game on PS3 too, to introduce people to the series. There's probably going to be X360 timed exclusivity though, Itagaki's comment alluded to that..

I agree. NG2 will eventually be multiplatform.

steinmc

Lyte Edge said:
So basically this is just Ninja Gaiden, rereleased again, with Rachel playable? Should we expect to see Ninja Gaiden: Sigma Beta Kappa on the 360 later on with Ayane joining the mix? Or is this Team Ninja saying "yeah, we're going to put out DOAX2 on 360, but after that, it's back to Sony...look forward to Dead Or Alive 4 Hard*Core on PS3 soon"?

Here is an excerpt froman Interview from Itagaki:

Tomonobu Itagaki: Yeah, we have seen the PlayStation 3 hardware and we're studying it. We're messing around with it right now. I think it's a good machine. But I think the most important thing is for people to have good games that they want to play on good hardware, so if there is a demand for it, we may follow that path some time in the future. Obviously, we are big supporters of the Xbox platform. There are a lot of fans of the Xbox that support us and are with us because of that, so I just want everyone to know that we are going to continue bringing out the newest releases on the Xbox platform before they're on other systems.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
DenogginizerOS said:
I think the likelihood of NG2 on PS3 is the same as the likelihood of DMC4 on X360. ;)

There's really no indcation of the latter yet, but I think it's pretty certain that if NGS sells reasonably on PS3, the followup will be released on it. It would make absolutely no sense for NGS to be released on PS3 if they didn't have any conception of the second releasing on it also. The only way that might not happen is if sales are abysmal.

Afterall, Itagaki wouldn't let down his new-found PS3 Ninja Gaiden fans either, would he? ;) If there are enough of them..this is a test, really.

Striek

PhatSaqs said:
Hey. Since Konami brought MGS2: Substance to Xbox that means MGS3 to Xbox too right!
Right!??....
Haven't you owned yourself enough re: Ninja Gaiden for one day ? :p

Surely DoA2 > DoA3 would've been a more logical example ;)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Striek said:
Haven't you owned yourself enough re: Ninja Gaiden for one day ? :p

Surely DoA2 > DoA3 would've been a more logical example ;)
I don't know about that...

DOA2 was released on the PlayStation 2 prior to Itagaki's XBOX period.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
PhatSaqs said:
Hey. Since Konami brought MGS2: Substance to Xbox that means MGS3 to Xbox too right!
Right!??....
I agree, it's not as cut and dry... it depends on how much it sells on PS3 (Substance didn't quite sell a lot) or any possible future exclusive deals.

I'd love to have Ninja Gaiden remake with improved graphics on the 360. So I'm happy for the PS3 fans that get to play it, and jealous over it since I won't have a PS3 for quite awhile. :(

Top Bottom