• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma PS3. "exclusively for the PlayStation 3 next Spring"

For me this is great news....NG is one of the games I missed out on this past gen. I have heard so many good things about it and was on the lookout for a cheap copy to play bc on the 360. Now I can get an updated version for PS3..good news for me.

Scoot said:
I'd say more like a polished-up and retouched port. Let's not spin too much.
No kidding. That's like MGS on the Game Cube. Hell, Kojima didn't even work on it. If I'm correct TN won't have anything to do with this port. Plus this is coming out when??? 2008? By then X360 owners will be playing the real deal. I doubt it will sell worth a damn anyways.

TobitheCat said:
No kidding. That's like MGS on the Game Cube. Hell, Kojima didn't even make this. Plus this is coming out when??? 2008? By then X360 owners will be playing the real deal. I doubt it will sell worth a damn anyways.

Scoot said not to spin it too much....your just spinning in the other direction.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I think this will be released on PS3 around March '07 (360 version possible) and Ninja Gaiden 2 will drop on 360 around Feb '08, with a PS3 rev. late '08. Let's see what Itagaki says in his numberous upcoming TGS interviews :D

Ajax

Banned
Who's developing this? Earlier it had been mentioned it's not Team Ninja but some other team at Tecmo. IGN says Team Ninja. Has anyone cleared that up? Maybe from the translation of the mag?

Ajax said:
Who's developing this? Earlier it had been mentioned it's not Team Ninja but some other team at Tecmo. IGN says Team Ninja. Has anyone cleared that up? Maybe from the translation of the mag?

The producer and director apparently both worked on TN games in the past so all signs point toward it being TN.

Tieno

TobitheCat said:
No spin, only unbiased analysis, my friend. Like FFXI on the X360, the title will outlive it's hype.
If it's a good game and has (somewhat) up to date visuals, it'll probably sell decent.

Scoot said:
I'd say more like a polished-up and retouched port. Let's not spin too much.

A lot of stuff is being done to it though. Graphical upgrades, dual sword wieldage, new playable character, environmental changes, maybe even more. It's a worthy port.

Ajax

Banned
TobitheCat said:
No spin, only unbiased analysis, my friend. Like FFXI on the X360, the title will outlive it's hype.

FFXI looked bad and it was obvious Square didn't bother with it too much. Just a quick PC port which wasn't even marketed or hyped much iirc.

On the other hand in NG Sigma according to IGN:

The visuals, including characters, stages and effects, are being upgraded. Event scenes are being redone, and new scenes are being added. All cinema scenes in the PS3 version will be real time, Famitsu specifies.

On the gameplay side of things, players can look forward to new moves, actions and weapons for Hayabusa. Racheal, one of the series' heroines, will be playable, and when using her, you'll get to experience the storyline from her perspective.

Just the fact that all CG movies have been replaced with realtime cutscenes says a lot about the graphical upgrade imo.

Kittonwy

Banned
I will buy this game, Tecmo, bring it on!!!
gladtomeetya.gif

karasu

TobitheCat said:
No kidding. That's like MGS on the Game Cube. Hell, Kojima didn't even work on it. If I'm correct TN won't have anything to do with this port. Plus this is coming out when??? 2008? By then X360 owners will be playing the real deal. I doubt it will sell worth a damn anyways.

standardjg4.jpg

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
TobitheCat said:
3961666_19021281218.gif

karasu

It's probably no a bright idea to list Ninja Gaiden 2 as an exclusive anymore. I mean, get real okay. This is Team Ninja. Just look at what we're talking about here.

Chiggs

karasu said:
It's probably no a bright idea to list Ninja Gaiden 2 as an exclusive anymore. I mean, get real okay. This is Team Ninja. Just look at what we're talking about here.

We'll list it as a 6 month timed exclusive.

m0dus said:
Because . . . they've ported so many of their Xbox franchises in the past?

:)

We have failed to make precedent yet, my friend.

So...they´re going to port NG1 only to keep NG2 as an Xbox exclusive?? Right...

Also, we´ll see about DR and LP being definite exlusives.:p

karasu

m0dus said:
Because . . . they've ported so many of their Xbox franchises in the past?

:)

We have failed to make precedent yet, my friend.

They will port anything that makes sense. Calling one of their series an "X-Box Franchise" means nothing. Before DOA was an "X-Box Franchise", it was multi-platform. Ninja Gaiden was assumed to be an "X-Box franchise", and now it's multi-platform. It's best to let it go now, or at the least, leave it to the unknown.

lachesis

Port...? Remake? I don't know. It seems like to me that Team Ninja's trying to build up the next gen Ninja Gaiden graphics library of textures and character modelings w/o going through extensive engine build-ups, or game planning, while making some money on the way. I say why not? It doesn't look like it's going to have any major gameplay differences to be called an actual NG2, anyhow.

If they would have brought Sigma to X360 - the marketability isn't as good as PS3 - since a lot of 360 owners already have played NG or NGB on original Xbox or even through BC. PS3, on the other hand, is pretty much uncharted territory, where they can do 3 things at the same time... (testing waters, build up the library, and make some money off on a old game) and it's a win-win situation for this 2+ year old game, IMHO.

lachesis

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
m0dus said:
Your pen seems to have slipped, because your list is glaringly incomplete:

Ninja Gaiden 2, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Too Human.

Seems pretty even to me :)

LP and DR don't play anything like the other games listed.

NG, DMC, GoW, and apparently TH play similarly...but LP and DR have other merits. It's like listing all 3d action games for both systems...

TobitheCat said:

borsmalllj2.jpg

Chiggs

Logan Cano said:
So...they´re going to port NG1 only to keep NG2 as an Xbox exclusive?? Right...

Also, we´ll see about DR and LP being definite exlusives.:p

Metal Gear Solid 2 was ported to the Xbox, whereas 3 was an exclusive (for obvious reasons). Stranger things have happened, though.

Dahbomb

m0dus said:
Your pen seems to have slipped, because your list is glaringly incomplete:

Ninja Gaiden 2, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Too Human.

Seems pretty even to me :)
Lost Planet and Dead Rising have very little to nothing in common to the other pure bred action games.

Games/Franchises that are generally in the same action genre: Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, God of War, Too Human, Genji, Onimusha, Zone of the Enders etc.

After this news, only one action game/franchise is exclusive to the Xbox360 and that is Too Human... And many of the action franchises listed are exclusive to the Playstation consoles.

Himuro said:
360 has just an awesome lineup. It's just that most of these games are new IP's.

And when you come down to it, aside from those you listed, PS3 has nothing. 4-5 sequels to game series I have played before doesn't necessarily = awesome lineup. I want new shit. Thank God for L5.
Yeah well Sony is pumping out the new IPs as well. Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Lair and that new game by Naughty Dogs look pretty sweet. Don't forget Afrika! :D

Chiggs

Dahbomb said:
After this news, only one game/franchise is exclusive to the Xbox360 and that is Too Human... And many of the action franchises listed are exclusive to the Playstation consoles.

Thank God, the GOOD GUYS are winning.

lachesis

P90 said:
The fact that the game will be on PS3 will make many a PS3 owner happy. +1 for Sony

True, but I think there's high probability that this game will get back-lashed, because it might not look next-gen enough in many areas (a good possibility) by many PS3 owners, if they don't totally overhaul the graphics look. I'm not sure how much of modeling upgrade it will get in all areas besides some texture swap, and better character models and realtime effects.

thekad

Banned
Where's the good ol' "Company A is just doing this to fund their REAL game for my system of choice" that was said for FFXI, Dead Rising, and every other game not on PS3? Or does that not work anymore?

Himuro said:
360 has just an awesome lineup. It's just that most of these games are new IP's.

Of course not. In terms of action games, what does Xbox 360 has exclusive?? Too Human, and that´s about it.

Kangu

Banned
m0dus said:
Your list makes no sense. :lol LP and DR aren't 'pure action', yet 'onimusha, ZOE are?
Did you even PLAY the LP demo? Let alone even saw some of the shit that goes on in DR?
Give me a break, man.

LP is more RE4, MGS3, GoW from what I can tell. The games he listed pretty much fall into the 'inspired by DMC' category.

m0dus said:
Your list makes no sense. :lol LP and DR aren't 'pure action', yet 'onimusha, ZOE are?

He's takling about more fighter/combo centric action games. Games like DMC, Ninja Gaiden ect. are very different from LP and DR.

Dahbomb

Kangu said:
LP is more RE4, MGS3, GoW from what I can tell. The games he listed pretty much fall into the 'inspired by DMC' category.
Thank god someone has their action shit together around here. :lol

SolidSnakex said:
He's takling about more fighter/combo centric action games. Games like DMC, Ninja Gaiden ect. are very different from LP and DR.
Great another one, I was getting worried there for a second. :D

xaosslug

SolidSnakex said:
Ajax said:
The producer and director apparently both worked on TN games in the past so all signs point toward it being TN.

yup:

Elios83 said:
Producer is Yasuo Egawa, director is Herr Hayashi, both members of Team Ninja reports Gamefront.

karasu

Himuro said:
Hey guys Gears of War and Lost Planet aren't action games. :(

Who said they weren't action games? There's a huge difference between them and games like DMC and Ninja Gaiden. Namely swords and Martial arts versus big ass guns.

m0dus said:
Riiiiiiight. Anyone can define a set of arbitrary points to create any sort of list he wants, but at that point, we're not even talking about the same genre anymore.

Last I checked, we're talking action. And the games I listed have that in spades. for ****'s sake, Dead Rising "isn't" action, yet 'Onimusha' is? give me a break

No one is saying that they aren't action games. But Ninja Gaiden or DMC doesn't play like DR, they have completely different styles. And that's why he split them up.

Kangu

Banned
m0dus said:
Riiiiiiight. Anyone can define a set of arbitrary points to create any sort of list he wants, but at that point, we're not even talking about the same genre anymore.

Last I checked, we're talking action. And the games I listed have that in spades. for ****'s sake, Dead Rising "isn't" action, yet 'Onimusha' is? give me a break

The difference is clear as day, you must be pretty ignorant on the sub-genre to fail to realize that.

Why do you even care at that? It's just one sub-genre that the PS3 so far looks to trounce the X360 on. It doesn't make LP any less stellar that you can't pigeonhole it into this sub-genre. It's still the same game.

m0dus said:
Then please tell me how ZOE fits into said category? Or were we, in fact, talking about hack & slash games? Last I checked "pure bred action" isn't defined by whether or not your character's primary means of attack is a sword. :)

Why bother. They made a bad comparison and are trying to back-pedal on it. Pretty sad when you have to damage-control and spin your own trolling IMO.

Also a big what the **** at "sub-genres". People these days.

Top Bottom