• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma PS3. "exclusively for the PlayStation 3 next Spring"

vspectra06 said:
Maybe because they don't want to spend $600 for one game? Perhaps the other PS3 games don't appeal to them. I was going to get a PS3 once the price drops, but NGS looks more than just a port to pass on, me being a big fan of the first game. Frick Tecmo for doing this.

well...i can understand where u r coming from....since i used to be the loyal nintendo fan who gave up and finally bought a PSX for Final Fantasy....but I guess a positive side to this will be a very nice graphical update?? given the power of the Ps3.....

I must say though, I bought Ninja Gaiden black a while back...and yes...that Game is the S**T!!I wouldn't mind revisiting it in Next Gen glory.

p3tran

Banned
haha some of those xbots look like they are about to commit suicide...why dont they just buy another console...? and be a winner in all aspects...? i swear i dont get this console loyalty thing...its not like once you choose a side you can never go back.. ? I thought it was all about the games?

first of all, one who has a 360 can always get a ps3. maybe one has even decided it way before today.
so I think your comments have more reflection of you, since you are the one that "hasnt bought another console to be a winner in all aspects".

now, second, and more important, is Itagaki working on the ps3 version? this is a detail that will make a great game the best, or the best a great one.

anybody can confirm the dev team?

RaijinFY said:
I cant imagine if ever Kojima announces MGS4 on 360 in the same time as the PS3 version. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Seriously, just only thinking about this makes me laughing out loud right now!

well I mean its one thing when its coming out for BOTH consoles.....it would actually be a riot if it were to be on 360 EXCLUSIvELY!!

**oh yeah and my "v" button doesnt work...so i have to copy and paste it every time.....which is why it isn't consistent sometimes with the Caps..sorry

Nvidia said:
PS3 will have shooters and some of the best rpg ever! What not to like?

I didn't buy the Xbox 360 for shooters. I can care less about Halo 3 as well. Like I said, $600 is steep for me, and I was going to get a PS3 once the price drops. I never said I wasn't ever going to get one. ;)

Nvidia

Banned
p3tran said:
first of all, one who has a 360 can always get a ps3. maybe one has even decided it way before today.
so I think your comments have more reflection of you, since you are the one that "hasnt bought another console to be a winner in all aspects".

now, second, and more important, is Itagaki working on the ps3 version? this is a detail that will make a great game the best, or the best a great one.

anybody can confirm the dev team?

It is team Ninja Producer Yasuo Egawa (was responsible with DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball for “CG Effects”), Director is apparent Mr. Hayashi - both work in the team Ninja. Level of development:

link http://gamefront.de/

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Hay guys, let's argue semantics some more. Let's get back to whether this is a remake or a port!

If all assets, cutscenes and fighting engine are re-done I think it's a remake, much like MGS:TTS or REmake, as both of those were re-done from one generation consoles to the next.

Dahbomb

From what some other person said on the board, it's two directors that are handling the port who also worked under Team Ninja for Ninja Gaiden. Don't quote me on this though.

This is just my personal opinion and does not need to be quoted but.... Itagaki is highly "overrated". :)

p3tran

Banned
It is team Ninja Producer Yasuo Egawa (was responsible with DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball for “CG Effects”), Director is apparent Mr. Hayashi - both work in the team Ninja. Level of development:

link http://gamefront.de/

thanks nvidia.
that looks like a solid team.
I think this is the best news for PS3 in a long time.

p.s. Itagaki is not overated. he makes great games. he made the best action game last gen.
those of you guys who didnt have a box last gen, you are in for a super-treat. 8)

Marconelly said:
Hay guys, let's argue semantics some more. Let's get back to whether this is a remake or a port!

If all assets, cutscenes and fighting engine are re-done I think it's a remake, much like MGS:TTS or REmake, as both of those were re-done from one generation consoles to the next.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/733/733714p1.html

IGN said:
September 20, 2006 - Remember all those rumours of a Ninja Gaiden sequel coming to the PlayStation 3? They've at last been proven correct... partially.

The Ninja Gaiden series will be coming to the PS3 in the form of Ninja Gaiden Sigma, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals. Developed by Team Ninja, Sigma isn't a sequel, but a "complete version" of the Xbox Team Ninja title.

Team Ninja is improving upon the Xbox version in all areas. The visuals, including characters, stages and effects, are being upgraded. Event scenes are being redone, and new scenes are being added. All cinema scenes in the PS3 version will be real time, Famitsu specifies.

On the gameplay side of things, players can look forward to new moves, actions and weapons for Hayabusa. Racheal, one of the series' heroines, will be playable, and when using her, you'll get to experience the storyline from her perspective.

Development on Ninja Gaiden Sigma is currently at just 25%. A Japanese release date has yet to be announced.

Sounds like a remake to me....

ELS-01X

Banned
Marconelly said:

Judging from the scans, it looks like an enhanced port.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Marconelly said:
So would you say TTS was also an enhanced port? Where does the port stop and remake begin I ask.

port - using existing art assets. stays essentially the same as the original product.

remake - re-making most of the art assets. possibly changes story/events a little bit. just like a movie remake.

ELS-01X said:
Judging from the scans, it looks like an enhanced port.
Pretty much, but we can only judge from those scans. I hope there will be some footage from TGS.

Itagaki said that he'd be faithful to Microsoft fans. Watch, he'll release Ninja Gaiden Sigma exclusively on the PlayStation 3, and Ninja Gaiden 2 exclusively on the Xbox 360. That would be a swift kick in the ass for both parties, because if they wanted both games, they would have to buy both consoles, anyway.

Speevy

Banned
That's interesting news. I've put over 100 hours into Ninja Gaiden Black, so I wouldn't be interested.

However, if they're upgrading the graphics, that'll be one cool package.

ELS-01X

Banned
So would you say TTS was also an enhanced port? Where does the port stop and remake begin I ask.
When the assets are actually redone and not just enhanced. Example:

Port:

Sinttulo-1.jpg

Remake:
O4.jpg

R4.jpg

TTS vs Old MGS comparison

http://cube.ign.com/articles/492/492463p1.html

I think it's pretty clear what's a remake and what a port.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
ELS-01X said:

Port:
You know, picture with fire could be CGI, and yet it's so low definition that it wouldn't be possible to tell.

PG2G

Marconelly said:
You know, picture with fire could be CGI, and yet it's so low definition that it wouldn't be possible to tell.

I read somewhere that all ingame cinematics would be real time.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Marconelly said:

So the real time cutscenes info was bullshit?

ELS-01X

Banned
Marconelly said:
Team Ninja is improving upon the Xbox version in all areas. The visuals, including characters, stages and effects, are being upgraded. Event scenes are being redone, and new scenes are being added. All cinema scenes in the PS3 version will be real time, Famitsu specifies.
It looks like the same (or a slight variation) of the same model, just with different lighting and fire around it.

ELS-01X said:

Port:

Sinttulo-1.jpg
I'm pretty sure that's just a new boss. Dynamo shoots electricity; he doesn't use anything flame/explosion-oriented.
Bearillusion said:
Surely this is confirmation that NG2 will eventually appear on PS3. To suggest otherwise would be a bit silly.
And seeing the history of Ninja Gaiden games -- no, Team Ninja games being released on Microsoft's console(s), it would be silly to suggest that this won't be on the Xbox 360.

(Shrug.)

ELS-01X

Banned
U K Narayan said:
I'm pretty sure that's just a new boss. Dynamo shoots electricity; he doesn't use anything flame/explosion-oriented.
Still, it has the same quality, port quality, not remake quality.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
PG2G said:
I read somewhere that all ingame cinematics would be real time.
I know that, but I'm just saying I can't see how anything can be deduced from that blown up 100x100 pixel photo. It could use per-pixel lighting, have completely different particle effects engine, use different model, and just look completely different. This is after all being done on a next gen platform compared to the original NG, and they seem to be going out of their way to change things (redoing all cinematics gets a big WTF from me).

Speevy

Banned
Yeah, that's definitely not a boss in Ninja Gaiden Black.

Of course, if they managed something like the over-the-top CG in Ninja Gaiden, even Metal Gear Solid 4 would be lacking by comparison.

U K Narayan said:
And seeing the history of Ninja Gaiden games -- no, Team Ninja games being released on Microsoft's console(s), it would be silly to suggest that this won't be on the Xbox 360.

(Shrug.)

I'm sure NG2 will be on 360 but I'm also sure it will eventually turn up on PS3. If only Bungie were third party. :)

Bearillusion said:
I'm sure NG2 will be on 360 but I'm also sure it will eventually turn up on PS3. If only Bungie were third party. :)

If Bungie were third party would you stop making crapass posts like this one? Seems like that's all you ever do.

Speevy

Banned
U K Narayan said:
And by your logic, I'm sure that NGS will be on the Xbox 360.

I'm sure a good bit of it already is. Of course, Ninja Gaiden Black already lets you fight every boss/enemy in the game in tons of scenarios.

They really need to pack some new content in, because otherwise I think they've already covered as much ground with the game as they could.

Of course, if you've never played Ninja Gaiden or Ninja Gaiden Black, this will be a real treat for you.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
You guys were arguing over whether this was a port or a remake? Jeez...

It's obviously a port... come on... it's Ninja Gaiden Black +

Is GT:HD a remake too? Because they are basically the same thing...

Skilotonn said:
You guys were arguing over whether this was a port or a remake? Jeez...

It's obviously a port... come on... it's Ninja Gaiden Black +

Is GT:HD a remake too? Because they are basically the same thing...
Ninja Gaiden microtransactions confirmed! Fully charged paddle for only $10!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
NG was loved before and it's loved now. This is a poor example of flip flopping ;b

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Skilotonn said:
Is GT:HD a remake too?
No, because it's reusing the exact same assets (even textures) from GT4, so it's not the same.

GTHD: Premium on the other hand should not be anything resembling a port.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
GAF is home of the C-. I remember a lot of people around here hating it.

Yeah, the crybabies. Both DMC3 and NG took the "It's hard" thing to heart.

I remember a lot of people loving it as well.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
GAF is home of the C-. I remember a lot of people around here hating it.

really? i remember gaf bitching that review out. as it well deserved. or at least i bitched it out.

Top Bottom