• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Destiny Alpha Withdrawal Thread

WITHE1982

1) Scout Rifle
2 ) Scout Rifle
3 ) Scout Rifle

Amen brother.

Loved it in PvE but seemed a little under-powered in PvP. Could have just been me though. I was never the best at it.

As a side question what weapon did everyone prefer for PvP and did it differ from your PvE weapon?

I'm a girl too. ;)

570.gif

Primaries:

1. Hand Cannon
2. Pulse Rifle
3. Scout Rifle

Special:

1. Fusion Rifle
2. Shotgun
3. Sniper Rifle

Heavy:

1. Rocket Launcher
30. Heavy Machine Gun (I just didn't see the point. The damage was pitiful compared to rockets, regardless of how much more ammo heavy machine gun gets.).

May as well throw my two cents in:

Primaries:
1. Scout Rifle
2. Auto Rifle
3. Pulse Rifle (didn't play with it in pvp)

Specials:
1. Fusion Rifle
2. Sniper Rifle
3. Shotgun (very effective just not as much fun for me)

Heavy:
1. Rocket Launcher
2. Heavy Weapon

I didn't experiment with different classes much in the Alpha...what are people's favorite grenades? It was funny as hell seeing people avoid my Titan's initial throw and then run directly into one of the pulses and fly, fly away.

Skele7on

Banned
interesting how opinion changed from e3 to now.

I am a massive fan boy for Bungie, and truly believed they wouldn't just leave Halo behind without having something up their golden laced sleeves

I feel smug right now :D

But the general consensus was that alpha made a lot of great impressions, as where the media coverage didn't really nail the sense of how cool and open to fantastic adventures it actually is.

Yu Narukami

I am a massive fan boy for Bungie, and truly believed they wouldn't just leave Halo behind without having something up their golden laced sleeves

I feel smug right now :D

But the general consensus was that alpha made a lot of great impressions, as were the media coverage didn't really nail the sense of how cool and open to fantastic adventures it actually is.

I really hope the story missions are cool too.

KeRaSh

PvE: A mix between Auto, Pulse and Scout Rifle depending on which one had the best damage. I never found a 109 dmg Auto or Pulse Rifle so I ended up using the Scout Rifle most of the time.

Special: Sniper Rifle all day every day. PvE and PvP.

PvP: Auto Rifle

If Destiny is a success, do you think we'll see Destiny 'clones'? By that, I mean:

• Action game (first-person or third-person)
  • Big budget
  • Multi-year franchise (with DLC, sequels and expansions)
  • Lots of different modes
  • Persistent world
  • RPG mechanics
  • Lots of customization
I would love to see more games of the same type, with different settings. Tom Clancy's The Division seems to qualify but I don't know if it'll be standalone or if it has some kind of 10-year plan.

Perhaps only Activision is big enough to afford the necessary investment?

Skele7on

Banned
If Destiny is a success, do you think we'll see Destiny 'clones'? By that, I mean:

• Big budget
  • Persistent world
  • RPG mechanics
  • Lots of customization
I would love to see more games of the same type, with different settings. Tom Clancy's The Division seems to qualify but I don't know if it'll be standalone or if it has some kind of 10-year plan.

I think yes we'll see clones, but the problem with clones is they very rarely live up to the magic of the original and make them unique.

I found this was the issue when playing the reboot of the Medal Of Honor games.

I had a great time with them, yet they didn't capture the magic of COD.

The same can be said for the various Halo clones we saw, they were good but not Halo so people always went back to the original.

But hell Bungie are a studio that does push and force others into a new way of thinking, so I would be really shocked if the same didn't happen again.

Kyoufu

Is it bad that Destiny isn't even out and yet I'm hoping for improvements in Destiny 2? Like friends joining fireteams in realtime like how it was shown at E3 2013.

KeRaSh

Is it bad that Destiny isn't even out and yet I'm hoping for improvements in Destiny 2? Like friends joining fireteams in realtime like how it was shown at E3 2013.

Isn't that already the case as long as you wait around the spawn point? If you're out and about the pther person still joins in realtime. He just has to run to your current location.

I don't see any cases where the Handcannon would be useful. It has low DPS, low ammo capacity and slow reload times. Might as well use the Scout Rifle.

That strikes me as a balancing issue. Scout Rifle was easily the best of all the main weapons in the alpha. Also thematically you can't exactly gungsling a rifle

Isn't that already the case as long as you wait around the spawn point? If you're out and about the pther person still joins in realtime. He just has to run to your current location.

I think Kyoufu means how in the E3 2013 stage demo, it showed your friends' ships appear in the sky and literally drop them off. It was a really cool effect.

Primaries:
1. Scout Rifle
2. Hand Cannon
3. Auto Rifle

Specials:
1. Sniper Rifle

Heavy:
1. Heavy Machine Gun
2. Rocket Launcher

Oh and I love my golden Colt

Question for you guys...

Has Bungie said anything about there being exotic ships or mounts?

Also, are there different types(not colors) of mounts to get?

All the exotic stuff I've seen so far has me absolutely psyched. I can only imagine what Bungie could do with some exotic ship or mount designs.

You know a game is good when you suck at it and you still have fun. I got my butt kicked in multiplayer in the alpha, and I can't wait to get into the beta.

Kyoufu

I think Kyoufu means how in the E3 2013 stage demo, it showed your friends' ships appear in the sky and literally drop them off. It was a really cool effect.

Yeah, this. Thought it was amazing and was disappointed that they removed it in the Alpha.

I wonder why this was removed?

Click the number of replies in the main forum page.

You're second only to the queen of Destiny herself. I'm Bungie 7. One could say it was...wait for it...

Destiny.

Adiós Withdrawal Thread. It's been a good and long ride.

Wake up Dax01 !

Will the Beta thread be live today?

tumblr_lu1zrunuF81qaviyjo1_500.gif

Somebody wake up Dax.

wtf Dax it's 5:46am! Wake up!

kitten-waking-up-o.gif

Ok, I'm back, you can put up the thread now, Dax.

Dax?

watch her not wake up until middle of the afternoon

Dax is a She?

learning a lot today.

Yo Dax where dat thread at

Is the beta capped at lvl 8 again?

The pressure on Dax... it will be there someday :). People have a life you know.
o_O

• Big budget
  • Persistent world
  • RPG mechanics
  • Lots of customization

It's certainly a huge undertaking that very few developers out there could do right. Beyond needing unlimited funds, you need developers that know their way around multiple genres that (up to this point) have very little to do with eachother. It'll be fun to see people try though (until it won't because everybody is doing it wrong).

Top Bottom