• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

14311243_1211454212260682_7483576178734556094_o.jpg

WOKE UP AND FELT THE VIBE

Amazing show on Saturday.

12 years since I first bought College Dropout and Kanye didn't disappoint. The setup was deceptively amazing. Just having the stage tilt and move along with the other lights...fantastic. When the show started he was on the opposite end of the arena and it slowly drifted toward me...seriously a sight that will stay with me forever.

Felt like I was about to get abducted by aliens while simultaneously raving and moshing like that one scene in the Matrix Reloaded lol. There was a good amount of space to move around too and the moving stage made it so that no one was really trying to cram up front like every other show.

Kanye also seemed to be in a really great mood so that really helped. He just had that shit-eating grin most of the time and I think he just really loves when people vibe to his music. He packed a lot into two hours and I'm really glad I spent the money to be in GA.

Also accidentally bought 4 tshirts for the price of 3 so that was the icing on the yeezy cake

Gorillaz

Was at the show last night in Columbus. Was nervous because the last time he was suppose to be here he cancelled on us and like 3 or 4 other cities out of nowhere. Had nosebleeds since I got on the ticket train late (wasn't going to go for them until I saw a price reduction.)

Shit was great, people in GA definitely was eating last night, me and my people in my section tore it up lol. First time in years I've seen him live. I think since Graduation and it was hype. Cracked a few jokes about people not knowing what to do when music stops in the crowd and shit. He definitely was positive through it all. Never did Through the Wire. Only thing I was kinda down about. Still great. The floating stage was a cool ass idea.

WolveyFTV

Neo Member
I'm going down to Oakland to check him out on October 22nd! This is going to be my first concert experience ever, any advice?

Helmholtz

I think maybe I'm in the minority but I think Real Friends is the best track he's ever laid down.
At this point it's my favorite. I just can't help but love how direct he is in it, it feels really sincere. The beat is just fantastic. And the Ty$ feature is so natural.

I'm going down to Oakland to check him out on October 22nd! This is going to be my first concert experience ever, any advice?
Have fun. Wild out. Rap every single song with him. Try not to buy a lot of expensive merch. And have fun. Ye's a legendary concert experience.

I always wonder how artists feel about their music at particular stages of the creative process.

Was this a "finished" product to them? Or just ideas thrown on a track and trying to work things together and fit them in a certain way. You can definitely see the skeleton of the final track on here, but besides that it's mostly changed.

Significantly improved on the album versus this garbage LOL.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I always wonder how artists feel about their music at particular stages of the creative process.

Was this a "finished" product to them? Or just ideas thrown on a track and trying to work things together and fit them in a certain way. You can definitely see the skeleton of the final track on here, but besides that it's mostly changed.

Significantly improved on the album versus this garbage LOL.
I read an interview with Kevin Parker from Tame Impala where he said most artists tend to wish they could tinker with their stuff even after release.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Yeah, but it's pretty uncommon to make an entire LP that's digital only with no physical release.
It's happened several times this year. Wiz Khalfia did the same thing. Maybe he will release Life of Pablo physically a year after it originally released digitally.

jax

Banned
Holy actual shit this new Kanye/Cudi/Daft Punk is amazing. Alive 2017 hype.

Maybe this is why Cudi got pissed. Ye working with hasbeens instead of releasing the Cudi/Ye/Tron collab.

WolveyFTV

Neo Member
Alright so I am not able to go to the concert anymore, who would like to buy tickets for Kanye at Oakland, Saturday October 22nd? $330 dollars for two tickets. Anybody interested?

Holy actual shit this new Kanye/Cudi/Daft Punk is amazing. Alive 2017 hype.

Maybe this is why Cudi got pissed. Ye working with hasbeens instead of releasing the Cudi/Ye/Tron collab.

He got pissed because he is suffering from depression. Prolly took a lot of things as slights against him

And what song are you talking about breh

Eos

Last nights show was fucking dope. Ye puts on the best shows out of anyone, and you guys gotta go ground level if you can. It's a whole different experience. The merch was nice as well but I wish they had the orange colour like the album cover.
Yeezy yeezy yeezy
dc4f2a9380919e633cf90d6e07ac81f8.400x301x70.gif

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Brehs go find the Timmy Turner mix with Ye. I'm in the car and just heard it 🙌

Top Bottom